No more period? Can it be anemia?

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Bella Désordre, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I feel like this is a good thing but now I am wondering if I should see a doctor.
    My period has always been light and 2 days at the most. Well this time I went 50 days without a period, finally got it yesterday and it's now gone. I do have anemia, but it has gotten better. I am a healthy weight, do not smoke, drink excessivley or over-exercise. I had almost no signs of pms for the past two cycles either. Part of me is estatic, but the other part is a bit worried. My mom is very worried and thinks I may have ovarian cancer (she's over concerned about everything!).
    Anyone else have the same thing going on? DO you think it's just my anemia or maybe stress?

2. THE MIGHTY TOENAIL

THE MIGHTY TOENAIL Member

although other ppl on here can offer suggestions / ideas, going to a doctor means you can be sure.

3. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

your best bet would be to see a doctor there is not much i can do as fas as not knowing you and all. are pregnant by any chance. it could anemia or stress but only a doctor can tell you for sure

4. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

Thanks guys :) . I took a preg test and am not pregnant.
    BTW-I love your sig!

5. Magical Fire Lady

Magical Fire Lady Senior Member

There is nothing to be happy about. Your body is doing something it shouldn't normally be doing and that should worry you. Go to a doctor!

6. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

yeah i have to agree even if you are not pregnant something is obviously please please see a doctor before this turns into something bad a missed period can mean alot of things and i don't want to scare you but sone of them are cancer and tumors

7. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

erghhhh The thing is I am deathly afraid of papsmears and the like. After being wrongly diagnosed with HPV only to find out I simply had hemmeroihds (I had mono and had the runs 24/7) I have no trust in the obgyn community. I also find papsmears painful and get horrrible panick attacks.
    I am wondering if I can go to my GP and he can do a blood test or something else besides sending me to obgyn.

8. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

anemia causes you to bleed more not less.

9. yarrow_sun

yarrow_sun Member

anemia doesnt cause bleeding. Anemia can be caused by excessive bleeding. Some birth control pills cause menstruation to stop and that's okay, but if you're not on bcp and not ovulating, you need to be checked out. Since you did bleed some, even if only for a day, that means you are menstruating (are having a period). but your hormones might be out of whack and that can affect your bone health and heart health, and other things too, so get it checked out.

10. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I think it's just too little sleep and stress. I'm going to see what happens next month before I call the doctor.

I'm not on birth control.

11. lunatic_on_the_grass

lunatic_on_the_grass Member

my room mate was reading a book about women eating raw veggies and apparently it can make your periods extremly light, or even no existant. but, i would go to a doctor incase you arent getting enough iron, or a cyst of some sort maybE?

12. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I was eating all raw food for a little over a month and that is when it went from 3 days to 1 and from 40 to 60 days. That you that makes a lot of sense :)