no illegal contraband at the gathering?

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by Eden, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Eden

Eden Member

i was just visiting the GOTV website and it stated that coolers backpacks and the like will be searched for weapons and illegal stuff including drugs... wth?! my friends have gone in years past and they said that the drugs were overflowing. i'm not there for that(i only smoke weed) but i was just wondering if its really enforced or if this year its going to be a drug free festie? what is a festival with no pot? do they really search you're stuff? any info on this policy for the vibes or any festival id love to hear!!

2. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

Concert promoters are never allowed to promote drug use at their events. I am sure a simple hide will get you in ok, then discretion on your part will keep them from heavy fines. This is still a drug free america (chortle).

3. Smokinjoe

Smokinjoe Member

yuo guys are talking like the gathering is festivle which implies promoters and people thatsell stuff for money and such or where u hae to pay. the gathering is not officaly promoted by a group. i guarrntee weed will be there. it is cali after all

4. crummyrummy

no, the gathering of the vibes (GOTV) is in NY.

5. drbeaker

drbeaker Member

Let's put it this way. If they wrote on their website "hey everybody! bring all the shroomsnacid that ya got! we're gonna have a wild time! wooohoo!!" the cops would either shut it down immediately or stake it out and bust us all on our way in. Just take what they say with a grain of salt, maybe a whole pinch of salt, then a shot of tequila, then some lime.

6. Starr

Starr Member

If you want to bring some weed and youre worried about getting caught, just stick it in your bra or underwear (my girl friends and I usually use the bra technique)...it works quite well, cause unless they do a strip search they wont find it there. Good luck, and even if you dont get to smoke Im sure youll have a wonderful time anyways.

7. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

or ur ass or VAG.. works too

8. crummyrummy

I had a friend , with an old brass pipe, disasemble it, and hang the peices of it from th zippers on his flight jacket to smuggle it in to a Jesus and Mary Chain concert way back when. My ex g/f used to just stash stuff under her boob.

9. GoodKarma

GoodKarma Member

Every festival posts no drugs, no dogs, etc. but they are present at every festival I've gone to. Concert promoters have to be very careful now with the inception of the Rave Act because they can be held responsible. Visible posting of the rules is their way of countering a legal liabilty issue .

10. Eden

Eden Member

thanks for all the replies. i thought it didnt sound accurate, lol. but, yes that does make sense.

11. Smokinjoe

Smokinjoe Member

yeah well i know i brought a glass bong to the gathering (this years gathering) all the way from florida in my blanket and to top that we even fuckin rode the greyhound the whole way and didnt get hassled not one bit

12. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I hate it when people bring dogs to shows.... it's so annoying. But.... what can you do.... :(

13. Smokinjoe

Smokinjoe Member

Deleted Cause of Repete