No Homo

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by SlayerFan20, Mar 10, 2011.

1. SlayerFan20

SlayerFan20 Member

Ugh! I hate it when someone says "no homo" when they express love for a person, usually a straight person. What do you girls think of this phrase?

I love it likes this.
  2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

you can thank mr weezy for that

3. SlayerFan20

SlayerFan20 Member

Okay, I probably should have worded my sentence better. Sorry.

I've heard this phrase used when one guy says or displays affection or praise for another guy. Two examples can be, "You look pretty good today," or ,"I enjoy your company." After saying setences like these, they will ad "no homo" to state they are not gay. It's not exactly related to love, but its more related to affectionate complimants. Its used mostly among guys, since many girls dsiplay affection for their friends in a more open manner. Basically, its "gay" for guys to be affectionate.

4. wh1tley

wh1tley Guest

i always say "so homo"

5. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I HATE HATE HATE it. And I'm a (possibly) straight male

But I'm not spossed to be answering you *shhh*

6. Gypsum90

Gypsum90 Guest

I hate this phrase. It's utterly demeaning. Although I don't think that most mean it that way. But society has listed being gay/lesbian as so taboo that most are afraid to go against the grain. American society (if that's where you're from) is that you have to go along to get along. Which means if society is against the gay and lesbian community, you do everything you can to keep away from it. In speech and in action.

I guess even if I wasn't a lesbian they'd probably shun me, because I wouldn't use this phrase. Not now, and not ever. It's disgusting.

7. skin.byrd

skin.byrd Guest

I've never heard anyone say that ever... and would never say it.

8. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

I hate when people say 'no homo'
    like if you love them, you love them, there is different kinds of love
    it doesn't necessarily mean you wanna shove your cock up their ass, you just love them, it's different.

:love:

9. Lostthoughts

Lostthoughts Thostloughts

:D :D :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLEwY9iVLlo"]YouTube - ‪18 No Homo - The Lonely Island‬‏

10. Invisible Soul

Invisible Soul Burning Angel

It is sad that men have it instilled in them from an early age that it is inappropriate to show any affection for other males. And that doing so is an indicator of homosexuality. Females are much more free to show affection for their own sex, and to do so without having their sexuality brought into question.

The irony is, the moment any guy uses the term "no homo", I immediately think they probably are in the closet. lol Either gay, or bi. Mainly because whenever a guy uses that term, it makes them appear uptight, and not very sure of their own sexuality.

11. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Ahah, me too!

But I tend to think that about any guy who acts macho, as well.

12. Invisible Soul

Invisible Soul Burning Angel

Hehe! :)

Definitely, some guys who act overtly macho are probably trying to compensate for something. lol

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

due to content of discussion. topic has been moved from the lesbian section to the general gay discussion board.. I didnt want to remove the thread or delete posters due to their gender.. The lesbian section will remain ladies only.. No male posters please. Its not discrimination, it happens to be the way it is..
    Carry on.. :D

14. Yergl

Yergl Member

Luckily, the "no homo" fad is over. It was pretty rampant last year but it seems to be dying off.

15. Puddingtame

Puddingtame Member

I never heard of that phrase. But unfortunately I don't know too many open minded people so I know not to say stuff like that in the first place.

16. alexanderiza

alexanderiza Guest

Personally, I don't like the phrase either.

17. stash napt

stash napt Member

No homo = non homosexual love towards another person of the same gender.. WTF is wrong with that!!

18. Plasticfantasticlover

Plasticfantasticlover Member

I can't stand it! It just says another bad thing about being gay. Me, being bi sexual see nothing wrong with it.

19. stash napt

stash napt Member

WTH does it say wrong towards gays? I can't believe some gays are so insecure about their sexuality that the mere mention of "homo" even in a non discriminatory sense upsets them...

20. Plasticfantasticlover

Plasticfantasticlover Member

Because generally, not all the time but most it seems like insult to gays. Like loving a guy means you are automatically gay, Not just friends. Maybe that's just how I see it.