NJ treehuggin' hippy freak on the farm

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by druid, Jan 12, 2007.

1. druid

druid Member

hey, im in south jersey on a small farm where i live as best as i can sustainably and primitively, its a good life but can be lonely so if anyone is around send me a message. i try to be active socially (peace vigils & my job at an animal shelter) and environmentally (lifestyle, roadside cleanups, forest, river and lake trash pickups, etc) and my wife and I love camping, canoeing, anything outdoors, year-round. my mission for this year, inspired by an article in a magazine, is to pick one thing in nature, photograph it, identify it, research it, every day, just to be more knowledgeable about the abundance of the living world right around me. i would love to see this farm full of free spirited people in touch with the earth, loving eachother, and not so focused on the cliche's of the hippy lifestyle....like drugs. anyone in the area, passin' through, or whatever, send me a message or reply to this and I'll get back to ya.....peace and love

druid

2. SvgGrdnBeauty

SvgGrdnBeauty only connect

where down south are you from? I live by Seaside...but I love driving/walking through the farms and walking/canoeing through the pines...so nice and peaceful...and of course the beaches when they are benny-less are fab. :)

3. crud3w4re

crud3w4re I like Grunge.

Seaside eh? I remember being there when I was younger ... I used to mostly go to Sandy Hook, which is closer to me. I'm from Newark tho. Jersey shore isn't exactly VA Beach heh

4. druid

druid Member

near bridgeton, cumberland county...we spend lots of time in the pines too.....benny?? is that tourists??

5. SvgGrdnBeauty

yeah ...bennys are tourists...

... I haven't really been down to Cumberland County...sounds interesting.

6. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

I grew up in South Jersey near Ocean City. We used to call the tourists "shoobies". That's going back a few years though, hahaha!! (I'm 34)

Cumberland County is a sweet area. I used to work down there at a place called Ranch Hope. It's a place for troubled kids.

7. SvgGrdnBeauty

::nods:: My dad and I were talking and he told me that Bennys are from North Jersey and NY and Shoobies are from PA. ;) lol... so I suppose that's the difference. teehee

8. SteelYourFace

SteelYourFace Member

I've heard that Benny stands for Bayonne, Elizabeth, Newark, and New York

9. crud3w4re

crud3w4re I like Grunge.

uhh? Interesting. I never heard that one ;)

10. druid

druid Member

funny, i worked a job for a few months doin' heater repair and instal., i worked at ranch hope a few weeks, putting the heater in a new wing....

11. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

Yup!! "Shoobies" used to bring down thier lunches for the day in a shoe box.

12. feralfey

feralfey Member

Hey druid, you're not that far from me. I'm in Ocean City.

GuySmiley, I' friends with someone who went there for a few days.

Small world.

13. druid

druid Member

nice to meet ya!

14. feralfey

feralfey Member

You too! :)

15. Spirit Wynd

Spirit Wynd Member

Hey there, I've been doing that for some time now, whenever in a new area, I take a picture, write down notes and id later on. My pc is full of pictures from all over of both flora and fauna. And I have many books on nature and such.
    I also like outdoor survival stuff too, though I should practice more. I was bored today and actually made a bow drill to make a fire... I forgot how tough it was. I used the wrong wood, so no fire, but I managed get the hang of it, so when I use a softer wood, I may produce a hot coal. Thats was just one of many things I enjoy, but haven't done in a while, perhaps with some good friends, I can once again.
    It seem's like I work in a kennel, there's lots of animals here...we had 10 german sheppards, but sold most of them, 3 left, also 4 indoor caTS and 10 outside, 2 parrots and a parakeet. Plus whatever critter I find during the summer to hang with then lets go.
    It sounds like I have lots in common with you and the wifey. Let me know if you want to hang some time. Maybe we can get a few idea's going for the warmer weather.
    Peace Druid and wife.

16. druid

druid Member

hey spirit wynd, welcome and thank you for the kind words here and on other posts, most appreciated! We'll defiantely talk, get some ideas rolling, warm weather is around the corner and there are things to do...thanks again and i will surely be talkin to ya!

peace and love
    brian

17. majikstranger

majikstranger Member

hey, you have a great idea going.. you guys sound like a great couple. Me and my girlfriend might be interested. So feel free to contact me (i dont think i can pm yet)

18. Scorpio80

Scorpio80 Guest

Druid, are you guys still on the farm in south Jersey? I know this is an old thread but was curious how it's going up there :)