Nisargadatta's book 'I am that' available as free e-book...

Discussion in 'Metaphysics, Philosophy and Religion Books' started by Ajay0, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Enlightened master Nisargadatta Maharaj 's book 'I am That' available as free ebook.

Some sayings of Nisargadatta Maharaj....

Desire is the memory of pleasure and fear is the memory of pain. Both make the mind restless.Moments of pleasure are merely gaps in the stream of pain. How can the mind be happy?

Naturally, selfishness is always destructive. Desire and fear, both are self-centred states. Between desire and fear anger arises, with anger hatred, with hatred passion for destruction. War is hatred in action, organised and equipped with all the instruments of death.

Establish yourself firmly in the awareness of 'I AM'. This is the beginning, and also the end of all endeavour.

Self-awareness is yoga.

"Be fully aware of your own being and you will be in bliss consciously. Because you take your mind off yourself and make it dwell on what you are not, you lose your sense of well-being, of being well.

Awareness is primordial; it is the original state, beginning-less, endless, uncaused, unsupported, without parts, without change. Consciousness is on contact, a reflection against a surface, a state of duality. There can be no consciousness without awareness, but there can be awareness without consciousness, as in deep sleep. Awareness is absolute, consciousness is relative to its content; consciousness is always of something.

"The gnani is afraid of nothing. But he pities the man who is afraid. After all, to be born, to live and to die is natural. To be afraid is not.

Everybody sees the world through the idea he has of himself. As you think yourself to be, so you think the world to be. If you imagine yourself as separate from the world, the world will appear as separate from you and you will experience desire and fear. I do not see the world as separate from me and so there is nothing for me to desire, or fear.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2018
  2. walkoflife

walkoflife Some Assembly Required Super Moderator

Thanks for the awesome resource!

I have removed all links to the e-book as I found several more trustworthy sources.

People may Google the author and include "free e-book" in their search if interested.

Ajay0 likes this.