night running..

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by broony, May 18, 2013.

1. broony

broony Banned

any joggers or runners in here that do at night cause you don't the chance in the day?

if so do you use a head lamp if you in country? same for city even if you under the lights?

are you a night runner..

i want to be..

2. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

used to, didnt use a head light, ran in the city, but on a common so there were no lights, really, but not so far from a well lit road that there wasn't some light or i couldn't run there if someone tried to jump me or something.

it was a bit of a piss take for a while. the path had a load of big trees growing next to it, the roots would grow under the path and poke up in places and you couldnt see 'em,. could really do yourself an injury if you came a cropper on one, but the council started to spray them with flourescent paint so you could see them and after that iwas a really good route, also the edge of the park was exactly 2 miles all the way around, so that was easy to judge how far you'd been etc.

3. broony

broony Banned

its pretty safe here and i could run a 3 or 4 mile circle with some hills that goes through town and through a few places, over 2 bridges... would be pretty cool. its lit the whole way except for a few hundred yards and 1 bridge... i also think there some fucking cracked out something at one end of one bridge... cause their is a hidden door i found and i took my dog there one night at 1am and heard some creepy shit and she barked and we got the fuck out of there...

other than that the loop would be cool to run and its quiet.. you can cut roads and whatnot without traffic :cool:

4. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

yeh its very relaxing, plus you sleep like a log after :)

i mainly ran round the common edge, i wouldnt wanna be in the middle of it after dark, but the edge is cool.

if i'm honest i mainly did it cos there are a shitload of joggers who do it on the common near me in the day and i was self conscious about my fitness level and technique etc, but i really got into quite quickly.

5. broony

broony Banned

in the day people everywhere and vehicle exhaust sucks... i hate walking on a road where cars pass, fucking smells like shit the whole time.

6. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

My fatass needs to run

7. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I used to all the time. Really need to get back into it.

I would always take one or two hits of weed to open my lungs, grab my dogs, headphones and just go zone out. Best shape I was ever in was when I ran 3-4 times a week.

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I just recently got into jogging, but only a few days a week. On the other days I walk about three miles. Sometimes the night is the best time for jogging and walking. Especially in the summer. I love the the warm ambiance of a quiet summer night and the low hum of the street lights and electrical boxes.

Night jogging deserves a quiet night.

9. broony

broony Banned

I mainly want to run at night to help me sleep. Get home, shower, go sit outside to cool down and let your heart settle. drink a glass of water. and bed. sounds ideal..