night of the living dead

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by Mr_squirrel, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Mr_squirrel

Mr_squirrel Member

this is imo one of the best classic horror films ever, from starting the midnight movie craze to just being a well put together film. i like old horror films but most of them are just horibly made and writen, this is not only a good old horror film but its actualy a good movie.

2. Jesus the Jedi

Jesus the Jedi Senior Member

wouldnt say its the best but it definatly is up there.
    if its not on a horror fans top 10, that person doesnt know movies.

3. Mr_squirrel

Mr_squirrel Member

maybe not the number one best but its good and its one of the must see horror films.

4. Pumpkin Eater

Pumpkin Eater Member

I hope your talking about the original George Romero film. I would have to say Dawn of the dead is far better.

5. Mr_squirrel

Mr_squirrel Member

that im talking about the original night of the living dead? ofcoures, i havn't seen any other. modern horrors are ok but the old ones have something completely diferent.

6. Pumpkin Eater

Pumpkin Eater Member

There was a remake of it. It sucked really bad.

7. Jesus the Jedi

im actually seeing the remake today (i think) its tom savini directed so it cant be that bad, should be super faithful too since savini is the man.

8. Mr_squirrel

Mr_squirrel Member

ill need to check it out, just to see the difference and what not.

9. Jesus the Jedi

barbara i hear actually does something in the remake, and duane isnt black.

i think.

10. Mr_squirrel

Mr_squirrel Member

interesting, ill need to get it soon.

11. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

Duane IS black in the new one.

The original has been archived in some seminal film library - it was considered an important movie.

The remake is shite.

12. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I just now watched night of the living dead. it was good, but not better than dawn of the dead, by any means. I know it was groundbreaking and whatnot..... but I just cant bear watching such low budget films like that.... the end just fucked me up too. it was the last thing I expected, especially after I watched dawn of the dead before night. so the ending was much unexpected.

13. Jesus the Jedi

well maybe its NOTLD3D where hes not black.

14. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

how can you have a night of the living dead remake without duane being black?? kinda defeats the purpose of the original social/racial commentary, not?

15. Jesus the Jedi

that social commentary was unintentional, the guy who auditioned the best happened to be black.

16. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

umm according to romero, those were his intentions.

17. Jesus the Jedi

you may be write because im basing what i said on IMDB (which is fan supported) but heres what it said

"SPOILER: The social commentary on racism some have seen in this film was never intended (an African-American man holing up in a house with a white woman, a posse of whites shooting a black man in the head without first checking to see if he was a zombie). According to the filmmakers, Duane Jones was simply the best actor for the part of Ben."

18. freedom for all

freedom for all Member

i watched this film the other day, adn was really impressed by it. by far one of the best zombie films iv seen... i like the catchphrase from it "their coming to get you barbara!"

19. stoney-man ky

stoney-man ky Member

i don't want to sound like i'm braggin or nothin but i was an extra in a new zombie movie filmed right here in my home town,louisville kentucky on august 12th,by a local film maker named mark poole(hope i spelled his name right)it's called dead moon rising. you can type in deadmoonrisingmovie.com,and see whats been filmed so far.i was a zombie.

20. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth - shit talk about social commentary, WTF happened to heaven.

You'd think if Hell was full God might consider letting everyone into heaven, rather than damning them to a life of the flesh-eating, walking dead :mad:

Hotwater