Nicotine overdose.

Discussion in 'Other Drugs' started by SweeperOfDreams13, May 22, 2004.

1. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

So, how many cigs would it take to OD on tabacco?
    Not intending, to, I was just thinking because DAMN, I was inhaling cigs like they were air.

2. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

I don't think you can smoke them fast enough to OD on them. I have heard that with a simple water extraction, a few drops from a concentrated nicotine solution could kill. I have also heard that a cigar has enough tobacco to kill like 2 people if somehow injested all at once. I don't know about the truth to these claims though.

3. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

Hm... damn nicotine... I gotta quit or something.

4. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

There's enough nicotine in just one to kill you, but like the first guy said, there is no way to ingest is fast enough. You could make a tea, and drink that.

5. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

ONe will not kill you. One meaning smoking only one at a time. IN the long run it does, but the only way you can really OD on fags(cigarettes) is if you smoke 9 or 10 at the same time. I learned that last year in 7th grade. Theres too much going into your system and your body cant take it and something happens with your breathing i heard. You can die instantly from that.

6. jtryp

jtryp Member

you're not gonna die from smoking 10 at a time, you're lungs can only hold so much before you choke and expell the smoke, natural protection. saoking a cigar in water then drinking can kill, crazy use of inhalers or chewing a lot of patches might do it as well. a few young kids have died from chewing cigarette butts, i'm sure you can find something related with a quick google search.

7. Becknudefck

8. jtryp

jtryp Member

how do you think the chemicals enter the blood stream?

9. Becknudefck

I have no fucking idea, but thats what happens. how does marijuana smoke actually get into your system then? it does somehow. as does cigarette smoke.

10. jtryp

jtryp Member

enters threw the lungs.

btw nicotine LD/50 is around 0.9mg/kg which means it's gonna take 90mg to kill 50% of people that weigh 100kg (easy to figure) no other chemicals are present in high enough concentration to worry about (i.e. the nicotine will kill you before anything else does) you get about 1mg nicotine for each cigarette you smoke, so yeah if you smoked 90 at a time it might kill you but you'd have to get it all into your system instantiously = impossible :cool:

11. Becknudefck

i see your point but yes 10 can easily kill you depending on if you can handle it and if you actually inhale it. not like little puffs.

12. smokeythebarefoot

smokeythebarefoot Member

i heard that if you consumed all the nicotine that is contained on one pack (20 cigs) at once it would be enought to kill you. this however is not a factor to the typical smoker. i smoke a pack a day or more and i'm alive and well. i gess its only those guiness record breakers who are in danger of this. and i'm pretty sure they don't inhale. maybe i should notify them just in case?

13. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

most Lethal Doses are found IV arent they? i mean, you could make a nicotine tinture (i wanna know how) and IV it and it would kill you (yuck)

imagine if you had a strong ass nicotine tinture, and i am a ciggarette smoker. you feel the effects when it is applied to your skin. i would keep a small amount in my locker, dip my thumb in it, then shake people's hands. since they didnt smoke, it would be the first nicotine rush they've ever felt (i remember it being crazy) and it wouldnt really effect me. hahahaha. they'd think i was a shaman or some shit. does anyone else understand that?

14. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

Haha, crackforkids, that's rich!
    I should try that... hmmm...

15. eat_some_LSD

eat_some_LSD Senior Member

A simple extraction from a cigarette would yield enough nicotine to kill around 9-10. 5 ml's could easily be slipped into someone's coffee and have them dead within a minute or so after ingestion. ;)

I once smoked 6 packs of Marlboro Red's in a matter of about four hours...I ended up vomitting blood for about 1 - 1 1/2 hours afterwards. :p

16. lordcthulhu

lordcthulhu Member

How bout you just dont let in any oxygen or take any "claean" breaths with a menthol cig.

17. jtryp

jtryp Member

American cigarettes contain about 9mg niccotine a piece (when smoked you only get about 1mg into your system) so: LD/50 is 0.9mg/kg that would be 45mg to kill a person weighing 50kg (a thin woman) where does the "kill around 9-10 people" come from?

probably not best to try and give people idea's on how to kill/poision people either man :rolleyes:

18. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

My friend one night smoked a whole bunch of packs, I'm not sure how many, and ended up in the hospitle due to nicotine poisinging. I don't think you can od though.

19. eat_some_LSD

eat_some_LSD Senior Member

Try telling me that when blood splattering from my esophagus was making a purdy bloodstain all over the Porcelain God?

My sources come from everywhere, I really shouldn't recite by now.

FYI, my sources came from a well-known, less-well-trusted read called the Anarchist Cookbook. Supposedly extracting the "gunk" from one cigarette will leave you with about 15-20 mg of gell-ish junk. Take that, mix it with an equal amount of water, and you'll have nearly pure nicotine. ;)

Anywho, as far as poisoning anyone...the best anti-dote to an enemy is (literally, now):

Take 10 mg's horseshit (yes, HORSESHIT), and mix it with your enemy's blood type (you'll have to get this discreetly, depends) 50/50.

Go to your local Health Department, and getcha' a syringe.

Now, in a blender, which you have no care for, blend both of these items.

Take 10 ml's into your syringe.

Saw off the needle until the ENTIRE syringe fits into a cigarette.

Now, remove the filter, add the syring, POKING THROUGH the tobacco, and add a "replacement filter" on top of that.

Now, the easiest part...

Find your target in public, light up your smoke....and wait. When the asshole comes near you, simply "bump into him"...with the lit smoke. Press the plunger on teh syringe, inject 'em...he'll say "fuck you" and start some shit.

Next week, he'll be dead from typhoid and will die, without ANY trace.

*waits for EDT to lock*

20. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

wow. you have a lot of hate in your heart.

i am wondering how i could safely come up with a nicotine tinture to be applied to the skin. i found it once on BL, but i lost it. should i just use like 20 butts? what would i soak them in , water or alcohol? and how do i control potency? i really wanna trip some people out with my idea.