Nicotiana rustica

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by Sensei, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Sensei

Sensei Senior Member

I got 2 ounces of this about a month ago, maybe 3 months. anyway my friends and I enjoy smoking it, pry a bowl each or so at a time. We figure it must be healthier that cigarettes, because not all those chems, and this is a more potent species than the tabacum or whatever they normally use, so less smoke is inhaled. anyway, it gives a nice buzz, and is uber cheap to get from bouncing bear through ebay. just wanted to share this with the community. we call it sacred tobacco, cause thats what its labelled. also, does anyone have any experience with this? We really enjoy it, and I will soon be experimenting with it more. In a few weeks I'll pry smoke like 3 bowls of it and see what happens. I read that it is thrown in ayahuasca sometimes, so tomorrow I will be brewing it in a tea with a bit of Syrian Rue. I'll post results. I figure I'll either be high as hell or puking my guts out, but its worth it to find out if it works. gotta save the old lungs, and the smoke is funny. its not harsh, but gives a bit of a cough reaction. hard to explain.

Note: I put it here because it is an exotic plant at least. Psychedelic-wise it depends on your definition. high doses do cause hallucinations, though I haven't experienced this. some tobaccos have MAOI's which could also be seen as psychedelic.

2. Sensei

Sensei Senior Member

I threw 4 leaves, (note: a normal bowl is half a leaf or so) in a pot with some water, some lemon juice, and maybe 10 to 15 syrian rue seeds. boiled for about an hour, added more water and lemon juice a few times. then strained. boiled for another half hour or so, down to about a shot. drank a little bit ago, tasted like I was eating a bastard-coated bastard with bastard filling. chased with cran-grape juice. feeling definite buzz. will report more later.

3. Sensei

Sensei Senior Member

felt for a while:
    mild nausea
    mild buzz
    mild drowsyness
    mild intoxication/groggyness

I will not repeat this, but am glad I found out about it. I highly recommend smoking it though, I get from bouncing bear

4. otb01

otb01 Member

Why in god's name would you want to drink tobacco tea?! There's a good reason why people spit when they're dipping! Next time, smoke those four leaves. That should do it for you. Is rustica really that different? I've heard of it but never got into it.

5. Sensei

Sensei Senior Member

well if it goes in ayahuasca 'tea' i figured why not normal tea. and i really like it, but I've never burned a cig for comparison, still seems too junkyish for me, like snorting cocaine, or shooting heroin. its quite cheap, I'd say worth a try.

6. homebrewnorcal

homebrewnorcal Member

ummm what are you combining an maoi with an maoi? Anyone try smoking this tobacco (maoi) while drinking a mimosa hostilis (dmt) tea?