Ni No Kuni 2 is the kind of video game we need right now!

Discussion in 'The Media' started by JShep2154, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

Wait, so on one hand violent video games have no effect on human behavior but at the same time these video games will change our thinking?

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Media and entertainment are often used to inspire or influence. Movies, video games, its nothing new.
    Do 'we need' games the OP talks about? Well, i think not. It will mostly appeal to gamers already looking for such a game, and most others will ignore it for several reasons. I'm one of the latter. And I'm not against peace, freedom and international cooperation. But am on the fence against corruption. So yeah... no thanks. I'll pass :p

3. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter HipForums Supporter

Every Hollywood movie glorifies fighting against evil corporations and governments but, unless its a blue collar crime, the US has the worst protection imaginable for whistle-blowers when it comes to white collar crime. Children represent an enormous percentage of the population and could easily protest in the streets today and make whatever demands they want but, apparently, what all those video games and movies teach them, is that actually doing something is a fantasy.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Meh.