Next target?

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by DoktorAtomik, Jan 17, 2005.

1. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

Here's one to shit you up. The last sentence sent cold chills down my spine.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4180087.stm

Can we expect a US assault on Iran in the next few years? Is it a bluff? Is it bullshit? I doubt they could afford the troops for another ground war, but an air campaign doesn't seem so unlikely.

2. island dweller

island dweller I Love Wind

I am preparing my nuclear bunker now if you want to find me...

3. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

Not surprising. They drew up a list of six, didn't they. Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea, Syria, Iran... well, who cares about the other one as long as it wasn't England, eh? :D

4. DoktorAtomik

Yeah, fuck it. Wales is expendable ;)

5. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

Actually, would it be too much to expect in terms of consistency for it to be Ireland?

6. DoktorAtomik

No chance. It's full of Catholics, and they're the next best thing to fundies. On the other hand, Wales does have the Sons of Glendower. Rabid terrorists the Welsh.

7. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

I know I've said it before, but it's my favourite fun fact:

Up until the War On Terror, Wales has had a larger history of terrorism than Iraq.

It's fun to learn! :D

8. DoktorAtomik

And there's almost certainly more WMD in Wales!

9. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

What, Funeral For A Friend?

HAZMAT Warning: May cause extreme depression, periods of missing time, nausea and bowel cancer.

10. DoktorAtomik

I was thinking more of sheep dip.

11. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I think that the BBC and its report and the reporter, have to uphold a serious/ knowing/inteligent front (or whats the point ?). 'Inteligence' as we know can be misleading ? . So I take the 'story' serously' well as far as that it is based on a bit of 'inteligence' lots of speculation and a pinch of well we have 10+ other scenarios we can dust off if this turns out wrong too say we were right.

12. wrine420

wrine420 Member

I know I am not British, but I thought I'd post here anyway.

This is what worries me:

He reports as well that American special forces units have been authorised to conduct covert operations in as many as 10 nations in the Middle East and South Asia.

I don't know about you, but I am very scared of my government and what they plan on doing. Considering the ideas of the UN Charter and the notion that aggressive nations are in the wrong, I simply hate what is being done in my name.

Anyway, do you mind if I join your little British club? I can speak the language well, I'm a hard worker, and I promise I will provide something back to community. :)

13. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Well you agree with the thread somewhat ? so your going to be accepted just fine ... :)

I just think that being prepared for eventualities is a good idea ? if nothing happens then great.. The BBC has to have this kind of stuff cleared so it is covert but it is still as much as goverments want us to know.. FEAR and all that jazz ??.

14. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

I can't say that any of this surprises me ... shits me up? Well I've been scared of what might be coming for ages now ..