Next Generation???

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by busmama, Jan 3, 2005.

1. busmama

busmama go away

Its wonderful to see all the young people interested in making their own clothes. How many of us are helping to pass on our craft?? Here is my middle child, Zoe is 6, sewing her own nightgown.

[​IMG]

2. artful_dodger

artful_dodger Member

What a cool image!

I'm teaching mine to sew and crochet. They're slowly getting the hang of it.

3. Green_Apple

Green_Apple Member

That is so cute! She looks like shes doing a good job! :D It's great that you are passing that on to your daughter. My mom is currently teaching me how to sew and i hope to someday teach my kids.

4. Roses are Phree

Roses are Phree Member

I wish I'd gotten into sewing that young. My mom tried to teach me but I took no interest in it, and I'm just now picking it up (with her help, of course). Keep teaching her, she'll thank you for it.

5. busmama

busmama go away

Here she is modeling her creation. Isn't the little pink sewing machine too cute?? My grandma got it for her birthday. It sews pretty well too.

[​IMG]

6. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

that's adorable!!!!

7. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

She is soooooooooooooooooo cute. And her sewing looks great. I started sewing when I was about her age on my grandmother's old treadle machine. My dad had to make blocks so I could reach the treadle. Unfortunately I didn't take the time to teach my daughter. She is just now starting to get interested in sewing. She's 26. I don't know if Dakota will take an interest or not. Now he likes to get under my feet while I'm sewing. But he's only 2 so we'll see. He certainly wears a lot of what I sew.

Kathi

8. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

that is soooo amazing...wow

9. eyesofthewhirled

eyesofthewhirled Member

ahhh! she is one talented 6 year old!!! my mom taught me when i was 4.... though i think her main motivation was to keep me busy with something other than bugging her while she sewed. she's still got the lil embroidery heart with "love" in it framed on the wall. i wondered if those lil pink sew cute machines would be too advanced or not for my 5 year old nieces.... 'course... not living in the same state as them and the fact that neither of their moms can sew..... might mean the machine would be pointless. :(

10. DiffKettleOfFish

DiffKettleOfFish Kickin' it

Your daughter is absolutely beautiful!!

Heh, I don't have kids, but I used to sew a whole lot when I was younger, I think I started in middle school. I kinda got out of it, but I'm getting back into now :) Living in a dorm sucks because I can't have my machine, though :(

11. t-dub

t-dub Pass me the pepper

so cute!! it reminds me of me when i was younger.. my grandma bought me a little black sewing machine... it was the cutest thing!! :D

i am so proud of your daughter! and proud of you that you showed her the wonderful gift of sewing!! :D

12. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

oh wow! shes such an excellent sewer :D better than me :p

thats amazing that you taught her to sew and that she enjoys it! your house looks really awesome too, you should post some pictures of it :D

13. busmama

busmama go away

Thanx. I am proud of her. Now even my 11 yo son decided to sew himself a pillow. The little pink machine is called a dressmaker and I think my gma got it off home shopping or something. It wouldn't be good for lots of sewing, but to learn on, just sewing thin fabrics its awesome. Plus it runs off ac or batteries so she can use it anywhere.