Newest Creation... Polymer Clay Pendant...

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by GlassGuru, Jan 24, 2005.

?

Rate this pendant... 1(ugly) 10 (totally awesome)

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 7

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  8. 8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 9

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  10. 10

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. GlassGuru

GlassGuru Member

Polymer clay is getting more popular every month. This piece was handcrafted here in my home. I can do custom hurricane pendants for anyone interested. Everything from flowers to particular colors. This pendant combines wire wrap and ploymer clay jewelry techniques.

[​IMG]

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

That's pretty awesome. :) I'm really excited about getting some stuff from you.

3. GlassGuru

GlassGuru Member

I've been doing polymer clay pendants for a few months now. I used a product on clay that is spose to be for glass. The creator of the product personally called me to tell me she loves what I've done with her product. I've been featured in the local paper and my jewelry has been on the Sharon Osbourne show. I don't mention it on my site because it turns more people off than you think. I thought it was kinda weird... personally. I hope to do business with you and anyone else that wants something that is not the "norm". I think this mainstream crap from china is for the birds. I take pride in what I make and do it for a cause as well. Anyway... thanks for your guys opinions...

Matthew

4. Elle

Elle Senior Member

Wow - I love the colors. I'm not keen on gold, but thats just me. I think it's beautiful though. How much would one cost?

5. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

Thats beautiful. I'm impressed. I LOVE chunky jewerly. When I get a cash flow I'll be ordering from you. :)

6. GlassGuru

GlassGuru Member

Elle...

Ahhhh... where do you see gold at? It's sterling silver on the pendant. A pendant like this runs about $25. I have not posted these on my site yet.

Matthew

7. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

That is wicked.... I Love it!!!!!! Very nice!!!!!

8. GlassGuru

GlassGuru Member

I changed the pendant over to a multi color glass beaded necklace. Alot of people didn't like the wire. Here's the updated photo. This and another simular piece is up on Ebay... do a search for "Rainbow Clay Pendant".

[​IMG]

9. velvet

velvet Banned

Very well crafted and beautiful, but not something I'd wear myself..

Strange how that works eh? It's like seeing a really beautiful painting in a museum but when given the chance, you wouldn't want it hanging in your living room.. hehe

Good luck with everything, you make verrrry pretty stuff! :D

10. GlassGuru

GlassGuru Member

What colors would you go with? I can swirl any colors. I also do different colored flowers that are swirled. Just trying to get some new ideas on what women like.

Matthew

11. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

i prefer the wire one actually. it was very ellegant and pretty yet not mainstream :)

12. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

i think it's pretty :) very cool! polymer is cool!

13. Elle

Elle Senior Member

I love this one alot more....but they are both nice. Eh, sorry in the first pic the wire looked like gold to me. I'm definatley keeping you in mind...I love your stuff!

14. tree

tree Member

Hey, really nice work! i reallyliked the polymer pendant both with the wire wrap and as a necklace. i just surfed your site and the Clay Pendants link under Clay Corner, is coming up as Page Not Found.
    Do you do any of the Bead show circuits? My husband and i do many of the Intergalactic Shows. i bet your work would sell well there, you should really look into them if you haven't already!
    Good Luck to you! i really enjoyed your site!
    Blessings,
    ~tree
    www.enchantedtree.com

15. GlassGuru

GlassGuru Member

Hey Tree...

I fixed the link. I have not done any beads shows. I do great at craft shows selling to the general public. I need to get on the ball and find some for earily spring and so on. My sterling silver bailed dichroic glass sells like hotcakes at shows. I have found selling wholesale is better money than selling one piece at a time. I might hit some bead sites and get some opinions.

Matthew

16. SIEKK

SIEKK Member

Hey, do you think you could do make some swirly colored peace sign?

17. greengoddess

greengoddess Nature Freak!

wow! those are soooo cool, I'm hoping to do some glass fusion to make my own jewlery creations here soon.