newbie questions

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by slapper, May 26, 2013.

1. slapper

slapper Member

new to the idea of nudism and havent been stripped in public yet but have a few questions some are basic and some may seem childish but its better to ask than offend

is there an etiquette when stripped off , what happens/ should you do if you get an erection?

how do you know when to strip off if you are doing new activities?
    is there times/activities when you should cover up (hygiene reasons or others )

should you trim and clean up below or does it matter

will probably be back with more questions
    thanks

2. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

new to the idea of nudism and havent been stripped in public yet but have a few questions some are basic and some may seem childish but its better to ask than offend

Unless you are an exotic dancer, you won't be "stripping", just dropping trou and go back to nature.

is there an etiquette when stripped off , what happens/ should you do if you get an erection?

Yes, we have etiquette. We bring our own towels and sit on them in public seating. At home, do as you please. In summer you may enjoy the cooler comfort of thin bath mats such as you find in motel rooms (they are not as hot as thick terry cloth towels).
    Women on their period either wear a tampon and cut the string or wear shorts over a sanitary napkin. No need to explain. It's only a few days a month.
    If you get an erection (and they are rare), either go for a swim, wrap your towel around your waist, or sit down for a few minutes until it passes. Happens to many of us and its not offensive unless you strut around like a rooster with it in the personal space of other guests. If you start to seep a little precum, (Cowper's fluid), dab your penis head with your towel or a napkin, go wash your hands and return to your activities. Not a problem if you are thoughtful about it and don't just let it drool all over the floor.
    If you have a rash or open cut, don't go in the pool. Should not do that at any pool textile or nudist

how do you know when to strip off if you are doing new activities?
    is there times/activities when you should cover up (hygiene reasons or others )

I have never been asked to put on clothes at a nudist camp or resort. They do ask that I put on clothes before I leave. These places don't want to make trouble with their neighbors about naked people wandering the neighborhoods after leaving the nudist place.

should you trim and clean up below or does it matter

If you take regular showers, your body is "clean" no matter how hairy.
    It does not matter. We have rules against lewd tats and genital jewelry at my camp, but no one tells anyone else to shave or not to shave.
    I did find it helpful to trim my bush just a little in the summer. When I get in and out of the pool, the water tends to collect there and my penis can get tangled too.
    You will be accepted if you shave, trim or do nothing at all to your natural body hair.
    Be happy. Don't worry about this stuff!

3. slapper

slapper Member

thanks lad that hit the nail on the head , as i said better to ask than offend :2thumbsup:

4. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

The people I met were friendly. They were not looking for me to make a mistake, but when I did, they gently guided me toward good manners. It's a new culture for you, but you will be welcomed!