Newb Question

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Guitar_Guy44, May 14, 2007.

1. Guitar_Guy44

Guitar_Guy44 Member

i just bought a little rainbow colored pipe off someone for $50!?!?! idk this sounds like a shitty deal for a little piece of glass (r these things legal or not?) also what is the little hole for, i know u put ur finger on it to keep the smoke in but i dont see the point of it why couldn't they just leave it filled in so u dont hav to bother with the finger?

2. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur

the little hole is called a carb.....your keep it covered until your almost done with your hit....then you move your finger while inhaling the smoke, this will shove the smoke into your mouth..........$50 seems pretty high priced.....would have to see it tho.

3. skullkidnate

skullkidnate ナサニエル

Sounds like you got ripped off.

4. bbbeccaaa

bbbeccaaa 12345678910

Yeah that price sounds high. You should post some pics of it.

5. jimaug87

jimaug87 Member

There are pipes that sell for over $100, so we would have to see what you go in order to let you know if you got burned.

As stated above. The hole is called a carb because, like on a car, that's what allows clean air into the pipe.

* Cover the hole and light the bowl
    *Inhale, pull the lighter away and you should have a 'cherry'
    *After you 'pull' for a couple of seconds let your finger off the hole and continue to pull
    *Sometimes you might have short changed yourself and not gotten as large of a hit as you can handle, put your finger back on, pull, lift the finger, pull the rest of the smoke in. That can all be done in a single breath. It is known as "tapping the carb"

Pipes are legal before they are used. Once you smoke from glass there will be resin (pasty black stuff) that has THC in it and the resin IS illegal. My buddy has a court date coming up for possesion because he had his heavily used pipe on him.

Spoons are like pipes without carbs. They are usually smaller and work well. However, if you have a pipe with a carb you will be able to get larger hits from it rather then using a spoon.

I hope that helps and be sure to ask us if you're unsure of anything else. Smoking is great and is better if you're "good" at it.

6. slinkie

slinkie Member

$50 sounds about right depending on how much time/effort was put into blowing the glass to make the pipe. I've spent over that on pipes before...no worries about getting ripped off.

You get a much deeper hit from a pipe with a carb. Hits from a pipe with a carb is similar to taking a hit from a bong. A very small (waterless) bong, but a bong none the less. :spliff:

Happy toking.

7. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Sometimes it's best to inhale through the nasal passages.

8. 420fuchs

420fuchs speaks the truth.

without a pic this thread < useless