new (unfinished) paintings

Discussion in 'Art' started by somedude, May 31, 2006.

1. somedude

somedude Member

Since I moved to New York in the fall, I haven't done any new paintings. Just been drawing mostly. But in the last few weeks I started up again, and what is coming out of me is much darker than I anticipated. But that is the cool thing about art - it informs one of their subconscious. In dreams you get your subconscious in a flood of brain diarrhea. But in painting, it oozes out of you over weeks like molasses. And then you can examine them and give yourself a psychological check-up.

2. bbbeccaaa

bbbeccaaa 12345678910

those are really interesting. i LOVE the fourth one a lot. the fifth is really pretty too.

3. Love Fest1969

Love Fest1969 Classic Rocker

I like the first two.

4. tree_huggin_veg

tree_huggin_veg Member

Wow, i love them all in their own ways. The 1st one has great movement and flow throught the entire piece. The 2nd one is very interesting to look at, it could mean so much. The 3rd one has very lovely colors. The 4th one is very well balanced. I have a thing with the number 3. if you have two of something, it isnt very stable, but if you have three, its stable. its just a great number and I am obsessed with it. Great piece. The 5th one is awesome because its very unique and interesting to look at. And again, in the background, three.. of something.

NICE WORK.

5. kayyy

kayyy Member

i love the 1st and the 4th. theyre all neat.

6. trippedelia

trippedelia wow

real nice, 1st and 4th are my favourites

7. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

You do nice work.
    I love the colors you chose to put together. I think the colors make the pieces.
    I like the third one the best. It's the most interesting. There seems to be a lot going on....but it's not tacky and in your face.

8. Magical Fire Lady

Magical Fire Lady Senior Member

Its true what you say.

And those paintings are awesome! I really like them.

9. baloon

baloon Member

I very much like the flower brain one, at least I hope I saw right. great idea !!
    Im not sure what the second and third are. the fourth painting has very nicely coloured background, very unifying effect. although the colours are a bit bright for the overall depressing mood?? but I might be wrong. the fifth one is very nice too. you have very interesting style, especially in picking colours.

10. somedude

somedude Member

The colors are definitely not done in that one. I like to layer colors in thin glazes to give them richness. They are very bright at the moment, and that will change.
    Thanks for all the positive feedback from everyone so far.

11. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

1st and 4th for me as well

12. zpiper

zpiper Member

It's interestion your miz with surealism and apparent abstract, I'd like to know if there were idea's behind these paintings or just your imagination taking over

13. somedude

somedude Member

There were ideas once the paintings got going. But there were no preliminary sketches or ideas (except for the fourth one in which the fifth was an influence because I wanted to figure out what the three figures were about).

14. seaweedyness

seaweedyness Member

2 and 4 are my favorites, although they are all very nice. reminds me of some experimental Dali

15. tree_huggin_veg

tree_huggin_veg Member

How large are the paintings?

16. StingingPistol

StingingPistol Member

I love the earthy tones you use!
    Great paintings!

17. BEATificdeadBEAT

BEATificdeadBEAT Member

WOW!really beautiful paintings.i couldnt be creative like you.let us see them when you finish.

18. desert nightmare

desert nightmare Senior Member

Very cool shit! i like the first one, the way you made it look like a brain mixed with like a flower or something.