New Toys

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by YankNBurn, Jun 27, 2006.

1. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

The Superman Inflato Suite, so that you can reach behind you, this suite you wear inflates so you can look like you have muscles. What a toy for kids.

2. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Haven't seen that one yet. I'm sure once my boys get a look at that, they'll be begging me to get them one!

3. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Dont let em watch Nick then, between the Chucky Cheese commercials and the new superman man suite they pretty much take up the air time, lol

4. hippychickmommy

Oh, don't worry. My kids don't watch Nick. We decided to get rid of our cable 7 years ago and haven't missed it one bit! We rarely watch television anyway. The only thing our kids really watch besides the movies we've bought them is PBS, (we can get that in on our television).

5. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

If I did it all over again I would likely do the same as you are doing. I mean how much TV does one really need you know? When I was growing up, we did not get cable till I was 12 and we onyl got 4 channels before that. I really did not feel like I was missing anything before cable.

6. hippychickmommy

We spend a lot of time reading. Might sound corny, but it's really enjoyable. We go to the library a lot, get books for ourselves and the kids. They love it. In fact, my oldest son's kindergarten teacher told me that he was at the top of his class with his reading skills, so we must be doing something right with encouraging him to read like we have.

I also do a lot of artsy craftsy type projects with the kids in place of watching television. They love it (heck, I do too!), and they get to express their creative sides. [​IMG]

7. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

No no atleast with what your doing they are learning and growing. I fear that maybe in a few years they may the the Jones effect (kids asking about TV shows and crap) but then thats another time and place your know. Too bad more parents would not spend time with there kids and not just buy the cable babysitter, lol