New to JC

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by Fawkes, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

Hey everybody,

I'm new to the area, just moved to Johnson City, and I'm looking to make new friends. I attend ETSU, so I won't have problems making friends here, but I don't want ALL my friends to be from school. Plus, a guy can never have to many friends.

Things I like to do; I came up here to experience nature and the outdoors a little bit. I would like to explore the mountains a little. I've read about lots of cool events and festivals and such in the surronding towns that I would like to check out. Whitewater rafting maybe. My roommates want to go snowboarding once there is good powder up in the mountains. Are there good bars in Johnson City to hang out in, maybe have some live music, some local bands to check out. I like Rock, classic rock, country, blues, maybe even some bluegrass. I like line dancing, swing dancing and I would love to learn how to two step.

I've just moved up here from Miami, and I am loving the small town thing. If anybody is up for hanging out this weekend, or if there is an event coming up that you are going to that you can extend me an invite drop me a line. I'd appreciate it!!

Later,

Guy

2. Smky Mnt Momma

Smky Mnt Momma Member

Hey man, JC rez here. Going to ETSU myself this fall. check out Halo and the Acoustic Coffeehouse, and definitly the Down home. great music, good vibe. Hope to catch ya on the boards soon. Peace