new to dreadies

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by paix, Jan 18, 2005.

1. paix

paix Senior Member

hi all :)

so, I've decided to dread my hair (~*yay*~)

I don't want to back comb yet, I want to give it time to do it's own thing, plus, no one I know would want to help, so, what shampoo should I use? I've tried bronner's liquid and bar, and don't like it, it leaves a resuide. Is there anything else you would recomend? Any tips of any kind? All is appreciated :)

thank you all, blessings and love :)
    Molly

2. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Right use a natural soap bar (prefurably hand made). Just make sure theres no chemicals in it. AVOID anything with moisturiser or moisturising properties (eg. coco butter) look for things with sea salt, tea tree and lemon in them. Nothing which leaves your hair "shiney" or "smelling good"because all of these are depositing things onto your head and hair. I would recomend washing with sea salt water everynow and then (then re washing with normal water to remove salt residue) because it dries your hair out.

If you dont want to back comb, you could always try a bit of wool rubbing to help get it all knotty and rip it into the dreads :) painfull but effective.

3. jamaica

jamaica Member

4. RYEAIRBUDDHA

RYEAIRBUDDHA Newbie

Hey girl/... How are the locks comming in? I bet there phatty. Youre a great mama. one love