New Sewing Machine Help

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Bella Désordre, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I need a new sewing machine and any reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.
    I want something with at least letter embriodery, vintage-style stich options and most importantly, something REALLY smooth.
    I am going to post this in crafts too. I am overwhelmed with searching forums and sewing blogs for reviews. i just want someone I know to tell me the model number of one they have a love.

2. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

What about one of these babies?

[​IMG]

3. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

That is exactly what I am looking for! I love the lcd light! ;)

4. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Weirdos.

5. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

I have a singer that I got on sale. My only issue is that I have to have a top loading bobbin. Those side loading models are a pain in the ass. If the bobbin gets tangled it takes forever to fix it on the side loading machines.

6. Dave_techie

Dave_techie I call Sheniangans

I've only ever used singer and white,

I think I like the configuration of the white better, but, really, I have to say go with a singer, they're inexpensive, last, and hold up to REASONABLE abuse

7. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I have a Singer 9818 that I'm pretty happy with. It doesn't do embroidery, but it does what I need it to. This picture has the free-arm exposed, which is awesome for sewing sleeves.
    [​IMG]

I would recommend only getting what you need. I've admired the embroidery machines, but for that kind of money, how often would I really use that feature? The answer was not enough.

8. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

Daisy, that's super similar to the one I have now. I need a computerized one for what i want to do ): . I really want a Viking, but we're buying a house in a few months so I don't want to finance anything.
    I am looking at a Singer, but it looks like all the computerized ones end with the needles up, which wouldn't work for me
    This is so frustrating. I should have listened to Andy and got a nicer sewing machine from the begining.