New Room

Discussion in 'Home Decor and Household Tips' started by MyRevolution, Aug 16, 2008.

1. MyRevolution

MyRevolution Member

So basically I'm gonna be moving into a new bedroom in the near future and my parents are giving me a decent amount of freedom in designing it. What do you guys think I should do with it to make it awesome? One thing I'm considering is painting something on a wall with blacklight paint so it will show up when my blacklights are on. Thanks in advance. :)

2. hippy*shake

hippy*shake Member

Personally I like the colours to be plain like cream or white (or beige...neutral... you know) and to accesorize with bright coloured items. I think it makes it easier to change in the future and harder to mess up as well... I know loads of people who've painted the walls and the colours have clashed or stuff like that and they've had to redo it.

There's an advert on tv here where they ask people to give the designers an object you think sums up what you want the room to be like or what it's for and to work around that. For example, in a kitchen you might pick a bowl of fruit if you love cooking fresh dishes and so you could use a dark colour like a dark wood brown and a few splashes of natural colours, greens and yellows (apples, bananas etc). Get me? You could try that with your room....
    Hope all goes well.x

3. zero_digit

zero_digit Member

well you can paint colors the will complement you and the furnitures, ths safe way are the light colors, for relaxing vibrant :) and use some upholstery fabric that is good for your paining...:)

4. gaiabee

gaiabee Member

sounds like you want the room to have a psychedelic/trippy feel to it. Just be creative... think outside the box! If friends are going to hang out in there consider getting big pillows for the floors and maybe an old chest for a coffee table. Snoop around thrift stores, garage sales and craigslist for cool stuff. Definitely get a tapestry, because you'll be able to use it for years, even when it gets retired as a wall hanging

5. cheech & chong

cheech & chong Member

Tapestry, lava lamp, door beads, bean bag chairs, shag carpet, blacklight posters, its not hard to come up with stuff.