New Nudist, sunburn question

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by mental-mike, Mar 4, 2013.

1. mental-mike

mental-mike Member

I am a 1st timer, going to a resort once it warms up and this is a serious question.....my privates have never been exposed to the sun for a LONG time.
    I have gotten nude a few times hiking/camping. But never for a full day and out in the sun all day.

Just regular 'ol sun screen? My goal is a full body tan.

2. freecospirit

freecospirit Member

I would simply take care and go slowly using sun screen as you would on other areas. I've never had problems with less commonly exposed parts being more likely to burn than other areas. I've sometimes needed to put a top on to protect arms and shoulders remaining nude from just below my navel; looks a bit strange but needs must!

3. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

I can only speak from a female perspective and in my experience the areas which burn or catch most are my upper body and nose/forehead. I've never had sunburn on any of the usual hidden areas. Although TBH I am usually careful and put on a sensible amount of suncream.:sunny:

Shayla
    x

4. Biggles_Nude!

Biggles_Nude! Hakuna matata.

Ideally, in men the genitals should never be exposed to the hot sun repeatedly. In Australia, there have been several reports from my own dermatologist who has found melanoma in the pubic and penile region, particularly the ultra-sensitive head in circumcised individuals. Sunscreen has only very limited value because it is an extremely sensitive part of the body. I would say go nude wherever you want to but not sunnyside up all day every day in the sun. Melanoma is real and invasive: if you need surgery (assuming you survive with early detection and treatment), it is disfiguring and carries no guarantee of recurrance after removal. For the record, I do not lie in the sun nude and seek shade/shelter whenever the sun is at its hottest. I've been doing this for 40+ years now as a fair to slightly brown-skinned individual so I must be doing something right!

5. NatureDude

NatureDude Member

I like to avoid sunscreen when I can help it so I get enough vitamin D but if out longer then I would make use of it and do you use sunscreen or do you go out when the sun is weaker like in the morning or even and Im sure the penis should fine then?

6. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

A nice all over than is really a wonderful thing. Just my opinion.

It's just skin what you will free from your trunks. So i guess there is no other need for sunscreen as on your remaining surface.

I guess it's not the penis that is in danger to be sunburned (at least - as i remember - none of my friends ever had a penis sunburn), but the parts of the body that are exposed highly no matter if you stand / walk or lie: upper side of shoulders, upper side of buttocks, backside of lower legs, uppers side of breasts (provided you have some ;-) )

So begin moderate with adequate sun screen and go on with less protection if you feel like and have a base tan. Just my idea.

jmadre likes this.
  7. NatureDude

NatureDude Member

I was at a nudist beach once and got sunburnt only on the upper back and shoulders everything else including the penis was fine. Maybe it was the angle the sun was at back then. Some argue that tanning is dangerous however others argue that vitamin D is vital for ones well being which is very true and you wouldn't be much of a nudist without an all-over wether deliberate or inadvertently. Ironically regular unprotected sun exposure in moderation may actually help ward off skin cancer which makes sense seeing that vitamin D helps to ward off numerous kinds of cancers and diseases.

8. zazzzoo

zazzzoo Member

last year my bum burned a bit an my testicals were slightly burned

9. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

Mike,

There is no rule that says that naturists should be in the sun all day when they go to resorts. Some do that, but it's not good.
    You can use sunblock and some UV will still get through. I am in Georgia too.
    You need to reapply that stuff once in a while. Read the label.

I seek shade at midday in the warmer months. Nature teaches us. If we would look at what other animals do and listen to our own bodies a little better we would be healthier.
    Dogs and cats seek shade!

Marine mammals sunbathe, but they are warming up from cold of the sea and their hides provide better protection than human skin. Even the blackest of humans are vulnerable to midday sun.

Be careful what you put on your skin. Some products (sun tan lotion, sun cream) contain harmful chemicals. Others (sun block) use safer products such as zinc or titanium oxide. Some of our ancestors used mud on the shoulders or soot on the nose when out in strong sun.

A person from Georgia should have no problem getting a little color over the course of the summer, (unless you are one of those pale skin types) so please don't spend the entire day in the sun, even if everyone around you is doing it.

10. nldn

nldn Senior Member

You don't have to be in the sun all day, and strong high factor suncream is a must I think.

11. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

In the UK, things are a little different.
    In order to make adequate vitamin D, you will need be nude (or as much of your body as possible) for a few minutes at midday.

The skin colors that come with ginger hair or pale blonde hair would probably get enough sun in 10 minutes of nudity at midday to make vitamin D. 2-3 times a week should suffice. Sun cream will interfere with the vitamin D production, so don't put it on until after a few minutes have passed.

But I can't imagine someone with that complexion in the sun all day, even in the UK. They would probably have to get the rest of their vitamin D from milk from animals that graze in sunlight or from fish in the diet.

Results vary... I was in Surrey on a sunny day with some friends. They burned and I didn't. A matter of difference in skin pigment.

12. MichaelHarrington

MichaelHarrington Members

Definitely wear sunscreen man. But if you happen to damage your penis skin, the best thing you can put on it is a penis health creme. These cremes are made just for the penis skin and will get it back to normal in no time. Just make sure you get a creme that contains Vitamin E and shea butter. Good luck and have fun!

13. Ace65

Ace65 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I just got back from a nudist resort and for the first time in 4 years I got slightly burnt on my penis and testicles. Not all over them but just in parts which is even more puzzling. I always use the spray on sunscreen all over my body except I use the lotion style on the private area. I think it should stay on better and I always re-apply after getting out of the pool. I still can't figure out how it happened though.

14. TxBear

TxBear Members

So how did your penis & testes recover from the sunburn?

15. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We live in the tropics. We call it the 9 degrees burn. 9 degrees from the equator. The tropical sun is brutal and can burn you in minutes. High SPF is a must. We love to be nude but we away carry a long sleeve shirt with us.

jmadre likes this.
  16. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

Everyone is different when it comes to sunning nude. I use lots of lotion all over and only got burnt once when i fell asleep in the sun. I always start slow and the work up to longer periods in the sun with no problems.

17. Ace65

Ace65 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Recovered just fine. Haven't had any problems since that incident. But I don't use the spray anymore I use lotion only. Spray just stayed too sticky for days after I used it.

18. tominaustin

tominaustin Members

Newbie here too. I have had two weekends in a row at a resort near me(5 days) . I just kept the 50 SPF on the white parts that have never seen the sun. I use 30 all over as well. No problems at all as long as you keep reapplying