New Hostel in Prescott, AZ

Discussion in 'Backpackers Message Forum' started by monkeywisdom, Apr 20, 2013.

1. monkeywisdom

monkeywisdom Member

Some really awesome and cosmic folks are opening a hostel in Prescott, Arizona within the next few weeks. There is a really wild underground in Prescott despite its reputation as the conservative armpit of Arizona. The hairs of the armpit are just the folks who control the politics - a dying breed I must say. There are three colleges, one of them an alternative college focusing on sustainability. Lots of wild social and ecological experiments, too. Once the listings go into hostels.com and other sites, they're ready.

I know many folks would rather sleep in the bushes, but if you want an experience, talk to these people. Stop in even if you're camping. They'll be glad to see you in most cases. This house is pure magic. Just don't be a drain because they'll be pretty drained in the beginning stages.

2. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

What is the name of the hostel and where is it? I'm going to be in Prescott in a few weeks. I would love to meet like minded hip folks and give support.

3. usedtobehoney

usedtobehoney Senior Member

Nice, I know one of the schools there is very cool. I've always wondered about Prescott and I love hostels. :)

4. LornaDoom

LornaDoom Senior Member

prescott is a cool area, way different than other parts of AZ

5. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I agree with Lorna. Rita & I worked the swap meet here years and the folks are pretty much good people.

6. Ranger

7. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

i like Prescott... definitely has it's hippie side. has an awesome infoshop too. unfortunately also known "come for the rehab, stay for the relapse"

8. Ranger

As much as we love it here another local slogan is, "Arizona, come on vacation, stay on probation!".