New gal to the forums, hello!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Trippin Zoe, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Trippin Zoe

Trippin Zoe Member

I am Zoë. I live in Orange County, NY, that's about 45 minutes north of the city. I am 16 years old, but I don't hang out with anyone under 19, I am pretty mature. I joined this place because I'd love to make new friends that share the same philosophies as myself! I am very open minded and love adventures. Ask me anything!!

Music is probably the most important thing in my life. I love singing, I used to be in a band and help run a monthly coffee house, but all of my friends went off to college so no more band :( But I also sing classical.

I play the ukulele, melodica, zaphoon, tin flute, hammered dulcimer and the hurdy gurdy.

I listen to a large number of bands, of course including The Beatles, Cream, Jethro Tull, Blind Faith, Traffic, Steve Winwood, Clapton, Bob Dylan, Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Cat Stevens, to name a few.

If you're curious to know more, I'd love to tell you. Even more so, I'd love to get to know you guys. Introduce yourselves, please! :D:D

2. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

welcome Zoe...enjoy the forums:)

3. Trippin Zoe

Trippin Zoe Member

Thank you! I look forward to getting to know you guys :]

4. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

Hello Zoe Welcome to the forums ,
    good to have you here , PEACE.

5. Ddoright

Ddoright Senior Member

:peace::party:You sound like you will be a lot fun to get to know. You'll find every topic here - Have fun and I hope you find lots of people to rap with. That's a great list of groups!! As an old hippie I can appreciate them.
    [​IMG]

6. Hippified_RCer

Hippified_RCer P.L.U.R.

welcome zoe! you'll love this place. u ever make your way to any festivals? i have a bunch of friends in upstate ny not really near u but i love ny

7. Trippin Zoe

Trippin Zoe Member

Thank you! =D I really hope I can find friends, especially from other countries. I love other cultures, etc.. I am going to Europe for two weeks this summer, actually, do to volunteer work.

Yes, it is a good list of groups :) I've seen in concert: Jethro Tull, Steve Winwood and Eric Clapton (Together), just Steve, Fairport Convention (Anyone know about these guys? Great band.), Richard Thompson (again, anyone know him? Amazing guitar player.), Mum (Icelandic band)

8. Trippin Zoe

Trippin Zoe Member

I actually havent. :(:( I want to really badly, but I can't seem to find people who would go with me.

9. Hippified_RCer

Hippified_RCer P.L.U.R.

u should hit up vibes this summer ur like directly west of it in bridgeport ct. IMO its one of the best fests for ur first one. really great vibes and atmosphere. a lot of original deadhead children there. it was my first fest and had the time of my life. its a jerry garcia tribute fest so good vibes all around.

10. Ddoright

Ddoright Senior Member

I've seen Hendrix (twice), Allman Bros., Stones, Johnny Winter, Leslie West & Mountain, Dylan. Also several others at the 1970 Atlanta Pop Festival but my memory of that event is floating in space somewhere between Mars & Venus.

11. riversflow

riversflow Guest

hey whats up! names Jim. I 'm from Michigan. just joined, going 'round saying whassup!:D

12. Ddoright

Ddoright Senior Member

Hi Jim - Welcome!! You probably should to to "Introduce yourself" so more people will be able to see you are new. Hope you enjoy the site - I love it!!:peace:

13. Trippin Zoe

Trippin Zoe Member

Sounds interesting, about the festival in CT! It's just I need to find someone who would go with me.

Ddoright - I'm jealous of who you've seen!

ANYONE: If you ever wanna talk, I'm always on AIM: Trippin Zoeee

Please IM me, I love talking.

14. Xora

Xora Member

You sound like a interesting person, but in regards to not hanging out with anyone under the age of 19, remember ageism is a form of intollerance as well.

You arn't the only mature teenager.

^^