New Egyptian constitution may seek to ban all religious parties from politics

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wolfman's Brother, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Wolfman's Brother

Wolfman's Brother Member

-The new Egyptian constitution may seek to ban all religious parties from the political arena, sources told Ahram Online. The interim government may declare the Muslim Brotherhood a terror organization amid clashes which have left over 800 dead.

-The new draft constitution is expected to be announced on Wednesday, Ali Awad, head of the ten-member technical committee and legal aid to the interim president, said in a Sunday press conference.

-The source said the ban is necessary, as a number of political parties were formed on religious ideology with an ultimate goal of creating a religious state in Egypt. Such caution against religious extremism arose after “proposals from more than 400 political, economic, and social institutions, pressing hard for the necessity of safeguarding Egypt against Islamist factions trying to change the civil nature of the country into a religious oligarchy.”

Source: http://rt.com/news/egypt-constitution-religious-party-ban-646/

Other countries should follow this as well I'm getting pretty sick of religious nut heads getting into politics and trying to force their half baked believes on everyone.

[​IMG]

2. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

In fact, we just need to eliminate Nations ans we get straight to the ideas of John Lennon.

3. Wolfman's Brother

Wolfman's Brother Member

You mean anarchism right.

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people living life in peace

4. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

In the U.S. we are supposed to have separation of church and government. This allows churches to claim tax exempt status. But the evangelical right wingers are always sticking their noses in politics, trying to tell their sheep to vote for moron republicans. Now there's talk of legislation to take away that tax exemption for churches that get involved with politics. Sounds like a damn good idea to me. One of the biggest problems in this country, is the holier than thou's trying to take over the government.

5. Wolfman's Brother

Wolfman's Brother Member

right on, religion has no place in politics end of story

6. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

100% with you guys there.

7. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

I think we all agree on this.

And also in the bible let it be known that Jesus said this:

Let's Caesar's things be caesar's and God's things be God's.

^That scripture verse to me implies that all things political are to be separated from Faith.

As long as the earthly political law isn't FORCING a citizen who follows a certain faith to violate a core tenet of a faith, and commit a sin, I think faith/religion has NO place influencing local, state or federal law in the USA.

Any true Christian will say, that they do what they do purely because they follow the their faith, not because law forces them to do behavior X instead of behavior Y. I will assume this is the same for other faiths as well.

Also you can't be of one faith, and use that faith platform to is against lying to promote a politician/candidate individual who ends up being a hypocrite according to the core values of that faith.

8. PlacidDingo

PlacidDingo Member

It sounds more like an attempt to push the Muslim Brotherhood out of politics which is concerning.

9. Resistance isn't futile

Resistance isn't futile Member

Politics should have no place in the world.

We are a violent and stupid species. Religion at the very least tries to address this problem whereas poltics is about making money from it.
    إذا ما كنت ذا قلب قنوع --- فأنت ومالك الدنيا سواء
    This is nothing more than big business making sure that they can buy anything they want.

To boot they're now going to free former Egyptian president Mubarak. This entire miltary overthrow was about getting Mubarak out and Egypt back in the hands of the United States

10. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

What does arab mis-behavior have to do with republicans? Actually, who cares? I'm just pissed off that one dime of our tax dollars ends up in the hands of these miscreants.

11. Resistance isn't futile

Resistance isn't futile Member

You know what gets me about people that always use the *our tax dollars* argument?

They never have a problem wasting money on wars, spy ogranizations, expensive pompous political dinners, etc.
    But the moment anyone gives a dime to help someone get off the streets, feed their children, etc. They start yelling *get a job*

I once read that an single javelin missle costs american tax payers around $80k. Think about it, there's probably enough money tied up in arming one fighter plane that could get feed a dozen families for a year. And if they got rid of the blooming fighter plane they could give them houses too.

12. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

Why should we feed your families? You murder our people. arabs are unworthy of the $'s barry bestows upon them.

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I think she ment american families, riptide. You know that country that does anything to certain arab countries to make sure they get enough fuel and money and influence? Then tricks their more stupid citizens in a polarizing religious blame game. Well, not sure if I should give that credit to your country in general. After all there are a lot of americans recognizing their country's retarded actions as well.

14. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

alla achbar asmodean.

15. Asmodean

God is too great to tell people what to do :) That's one of the reasons religion and politics should be divided. I think politics are a necessary evil but at least with a good system any christian, muslim or 'infidel' can just live in peace and freedom hence why even I am not sure it's a bad thing to get this muslim brotherhood banned from state affairs. On the other hand, it's a different part of the world, they were chosen democratically and after all we have political parties here too that make no secret of their christian values, but at least they can't install any religious doctrine. It is a very intruging issue and important time for the egyptian people.

16. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

Option 2 sir. We need the rest of the world about as much as a woman needs cheating man. Actually, thats what these relationships remind me of. The US has all natural resources but one ; bauxite. While the euros struggle with the islamic threat ; asia struggles with a poor economy. China and N. Korea starve. arabs? Well, you know. No, No thanks. Why bother? We'll just stay home.

17. Asmodean

That post contains so many wrong and oversimplified stereotypes bended to meet your prejudiced worldview I can hardly believe you are serious.

18. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

believe it.

19. Asmodean

I need someone more convincing for that.

20. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

Trust me , with your beliefs , you will meet that dictator rather soon. Probably in ther form of sharia.

21. PlacidDingo

PlacidDingo Member

Boogie man comina getcha!! WoooOooOoOoOooOo