New documentary film (MERGED)

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by tcboogiedown, Apr 2, 2007.

1. tcboogiedown

tcboogiedown Member

Check this out.
    Here is a trailer for a documentary film that I have been working on for the last year and a half. It's titled The Buckle: Gays in the Bible Belt. I am very excited to finally share something that means so much to me.
    Enjoy and let me know what you think.

http://www.startpictures.com/buckle/index.html

2. Nirvana56789

Nirvana56789 Member

That looks great man

Let me know more about it!

3. tcboogiedown

tcboogiedown Member

you can find out everything about the film on the website. please feel free to send the link to thetrailer toanyone and everyone.

tc

4. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

The link doesnt seem to be working for me. Is it just me?

5. flyboy5506

flyboy5506 Member

That looks great, good job! When does it come out?

6. tcboogiedown

tcboogiedown Member

we are still working on editing. We hope to have a rough cut in the bag real soon. Thank you for your interest and feel free to tell everyone to check it out.

We are working hard to get this film and it's message to the big screen.

7. tcboogiedown

tcboogiedown Member

I just finished an interview with Sam Harris, the actor and broadway star and not the atheist, for the film The Buckle: Gays in the Bible belt. www.startpictures.com/buckle
    This talented and outspoken man is an inspiration for us all. He is in Tulsa this week to do a concert and he took time out of his busy schedule to take part in our film. The film is in post production but we couldn't pass up this opportunity.
    Sam has been out, to the public, since 1999. He can be seen on the CBS sitcom The Class, in which he plays a straight man, metrosexual, who is married and has a kid. Her name is Oprah.

I followed Sam's career since Star Search. Since he has been in various broadway shows such as Grease, Joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat, The Producers and so on.

In our film, he expresses a unique vision of what it was like growing up in the small town of Sand Springs, OK, but finding greater diversity in other places. Although he is a celebrity now, he is comfortable with coming back to Oklahoma, where acceptance is struggling, to do a show.

8. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

Looks GREAT!

9. Egria

Egria Member

This documentary looks amazing. When does it come out?

10. tcboogiedown

tcboogiedown Member

I will keep everyone posted on the progress. I want to see this as much as anyone. Editing is a painful process. But in the meantime you can see me in action in a short that we filmed last summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLAUT6UkFUA

I am the running man. 34 and I still got it. Kind of.

11. dances in pajamas

dances in pajamas strange little girl

That looks really interesting. I think it's awesome that you made a documentary about this.

12. tcboogiedown

tcboogiedown Member

The more interesting part is when people realize that two straight guys made this. It is this angle that has given the film an edge. The acceptance and friends that we have gained is amazing. Only one person has had a problem with this. "How dare you make a film like this without a gay person on your crew".

That did not stop us in our search for the stories. The target of the film is to inspire change through understanding.

13. andrenio

andrenio Member

It looks great!. Congratulations!. I didn't know the existence of the Bible Belt in Usa althought I had heard of some very religous states. In my country, Spain, I have never thought of such a thing as a bible belt, but there are some places quite conservatives and religious. Unfortunately I live in one of those places, Santander, northern Spain, that with Burgos is one of the most ultracatholic provinces.

14. tcboogiedown

tcboogiedown Member

We interviewed Betsy Smittle a few weeks ago. She is Garth Brooks sister. He outed her on the Barbara Walters show back in 1993. He said that he did it because he loved her. Even though he had a few weeks to recant what he had said before the show aired, he chose not to.
    Betsy was Garth's base player on several tours and had just had an album of her own when he outed her. After which the album didn't really take off. (Imagine that).
    Just another story on the road through the Bible belt.