New Divorce laws soon in Britain..

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by morrow, Apr 9, 2019.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

That original wedding service required the Bride to say in her wedding vows:

“I, (Bride), take thee, (Groom), to be my wedded Husband; to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health; to love, cherish, and to OBEY, till death us do part, according to God’s holy ordinance; and thereto I give thee my troth.”

Divorce is as bad as those words of a woman giving herself to a man, had them words in my vows.

But it's about to change..

Divorce law reforms to end 'blame game'

rollingalong likes this.
  2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

that didnt take long at all

3. morrow

morrow Visitor

Few hundred years, UK finally pulling its draws up lol

rollingalong likes this.
  4. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

as soon as that law where the king could bed the wife of any knight before the knight got to was stricken from the books the whole marriage law thing started to go sideways :)

can i still obey you though?....like off the record? :)

5. morrow

morrow Visitor

On your knees so I can tonight....... I mean knight you....arise sir Rolling of the canadas... whoop whoop!

rollingalong likes this.
  6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Some countries don't let women initiate divorce. They have something like that in Egypt. We were discussing it in Sociology the other day. It's disgusting.

7. morrow

morrow Visitor

They dicnt in the UK in the 70,s... the odd one made it out.

8. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

There should be such a thing as contract marriages. They would have to be renewed every two or four years or it expires.