new anti drug commercial that pisses me off

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Eden, May 20, 2004.

1. Eden

Eden Member

has anyone seen that new commercial where the two teenage girls are in the car going to a party? one of the girls"the bad one" is talking about how stressed out she's been and how she really wants to party. the other girl "the good one" looks concerned and sad and then finally pulls the car over and says so seriously "we need to talk" omg that commercial drives me crazy everytime i see it. first of all its not like the girl is talking about smoking crystal meth and blowing all the guys at the party. i dont think she even mentions anything specific.the other girl is such a goody goody, acting so "above" the other girl. in real life i dont even think they would be friends. i mean, they both had to decide to go to this party right?in fact, she's the one driving to the damn thing! what did the goody goody expect would happen? why pull the car over? arrgh this commercial drives me crazy, because it just doesnt make any freaking sense at all. anyone else find it very bizarre?? sorry if this is confusing but i had a frozen margarita(mango) with lunch.

2. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

I know that commercial, it pisses me off too. I really wish they would stop wasting our money like that...

3. SyZyGy

SyZyGy Member

all of those anti-drug (marijuana motsly) commericals are ridiculous.

4. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

ya they all sux but that 1 especially does....and the have u guys seen the one for cigarettes where all the little kids r like i rather eat dirt, i rather drink spit, and yadadaadada that is so stupid its just so fuking annoying all anti weed ppl should die

5. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

yeah i've seen it it pisses me off SO fucking much, like wtf the chick just wants to relax! you corporate anti drugs fucks, USING DOESNT EQUAL ABUSING

6. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

those commercials are really irritating to me. those scenarios are so damn retahded. argh.

7. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

I think with having one girl all straight-laced and concerned and the other one a troubled party-girl they were trying to foster this underlying assumption that both girls were once innocent and straight-laced and now one of them fell from grace, living the life of the bad girl, and that it's the good girl's obligation to show and shepherd her wayward friend to the light... so implyng marijuana use and partying are automatically problems...almost like subliminal messaging. Damn those brainwashing propagandists.

8. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

eden, i think we need to talk. about that frozen margarita you had at lunch. drinking during the day, c'mon. i'm very concerned for your well being.
    HA
    yeah, i hate those commercials too. like the one where the girl is drowning and it says, wouldn't you help your friend if they were in trouble or something. they are not the same thing! smoking some pot and ignoring someone that is drowning are not the same! ahh, fuck.

i heard something funny relating to those commercials. here it is: just tell nemo you couldn't find him cuz you were getting stoned, he'll understand.

9. Eden

Eden Member

lol pork. ive been drunk once in the past year... i just like mango drinks alcohol or no. hehe, i think i need rehab. i love finding nemo....dorie rules.

10. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

I don't watch TV anymore. But the commercials I have seen don't make sense. But since they're from the government, I don't expect them to be truthful anyways. :)

11. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

They are just trying to use a little reverse peer pressure. Stupid, as was said before, why would they be hanging out and partying together if the concerned girl was so concerned?

12. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

Yeah, for sure. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see smoking pot to be that bad. And besides the harm it does to your lungs, it doesn't hurt you that much. So really, who cares if kids want to smoke occasionally? I see those commercials and I think how weird it is that they call it a "problem with marijuana". I do it all the time, and believe me, I have no problem with it. HAha, society is a buncha funny crazy bastards.

13. PITPAT

PITPAT Member

drowning.... i cant stand that commercial. its so terrible. what kind of a compairison is that?

14. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

has any1 seen the commercial where there at a Swimmeet and in lane four one girl is missing. And the announcer keeps asking, "do we have a swimmer for lane 4." they ask it like 6 times and the 3 girls in lane four keep looking around Then it says something to the affect of "you can tell your teammates that you were off getting stoned, instead of racing." something like that.

who would get stoned at a swimmeet before a race, that could be important. to me, that is just stupid.

stupid commercial.

15. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

hahaa ya they r all stupid

16. bertrose

bertrose Member

The problem with those commercials is that people actually listen to them...at my school me and the openminded people are all like whatever! sucks to this commercial, then all the close minded, conservatives are like...:eek: "im never smoking that shit!" blah blah blah! it really makes me mad...smoke some pot and chill out people!!!

peace!

17. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

One time I smoked pot. I was driving through taco hut and ran over a little girl on a bike. I was smart enough to have the joint placed so the person at the drive through could see it. That night at a party I was randomly sitting alone in a room when a girl walked in. I raped her because I smoked out of a metal pipe with a skull on it. I forgot to pick my brother up at baseball that day too. At the same time, all I do all day is watch cartoons at in my basement.

18. confident_stranger

confident_stranger Member

yea that one isn't as bad as the one where they are babysitting a kid, and she ends up falling in a pool and drowning because of the stoners. "just tell her parents you were getting stoned, and you forgot about her. they'll understand." even if you smoked pot while babysitting, you aren't going to forget about the child long enough to let her wonder outside alone. they think when your stoned, all your brains go right out the window. or that other one where those kids drive into a child on a bike leaving the drive thru. unless i'm the only one who drives stoned religiously, i think you know enough to look right in front of you.

19. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i would. haha. i got stoned before a swim meet once. i actually set a record.

20. bertrose

bertrose Member

Yeah but dude...somehow they couldnt SEE in front of them with all that smoke their joint was making!! LOLOLOL!! AHHH! I hate commercials, just tell ur team u couldn't go with them to the national championship because u smoke weed...they'll understand!

LOL!!!

peace