New, and confused....

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by rmrm05, May 20, 2007.

1. rmrm05

rmrm05 Member

Hey Everyone!

I used to post on these forums years ago. To be honest I spent my entire teenage years reading and posting here. Along with living a healthy, relaxed, down to earth, "hippie" lifestyle.

I hate to say, but those years haven't continued and I've spent the last few years making money in mainstream life. [​IMG] Mind you, not a lot of money, I work in disability support. I live in the city, work long hours, come home to my empty flat, eat and sleep. I dont like what I've become, and I'm here because I want change. Im just not sure of the solution...

- I want to meet like minded people.
    - I want to become care-free and relaxed like I once was.
    - I want to experience life, not just work and sleep my way through it.

So... I'm looking to meet new people who will help open my eyes again. I'd love to meet some people living in Melbourne, but anyone, anywhere would be great.

A bit about me... Im 22, spend a lot of time working, being with friends (who I love, but who are going in the direction I dont want to go), writing (I'm trying to get back into it...), listening to music and reading. I live in Melbourne in a tiny flat - which I want to change, or move, or something...

I dont know if the forums are like they used to be... But I hope so...

So there you have it... HELP! lol

x rm

2. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

You can Pm if you like, I just love to make friends that wont ask me for money (kidding)
    and I'm into drawing, painting recording my own music, and remaining as independent and
    and free as it is humanly possible.

3. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

Heya, welcome back to the boards. I'm Brie. Don't worry---you'll fit right back in. If you want to, you can PM me. I'm always up for chatting. Anyway, I hope you end up enjoying yourself here again. =]

4. westham

westham Member

welcome on board.

5. LilianaRose

LilianaRose Member

Welcome, welcome.
    It's good to hear you are wanting to free yourself up a bit. I hope you find what you're looking for, dear. :)

6. OceanBlue62

OceanBlue62 Member

hi!
    welcome to the forums and enjoy!
    you can PM me, if you'd like.

7. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

welcome to the forums :)

8. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

Hey there, and welcome to the forums! I'm Lauren :)

9. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

Hello RM & Welcome back to the forums.
    A lot of us went off and went to work, just to make a living. Took the easy way out, I suppose. But now I live the way I always wanted, on a farm, no mortgage or big bills. Raising our own veggies and living closer to Mother Earth. Life is really good now.
    I hope you find what you are looking for. Just strive to be happy.
    Peaceful thoughts your way..... Farmout :)

10. Smokin4Peace

Smokin4Peace Member

I'm so glad your back! Stay grounded, live life, and support yourself. We all try and live what is in our mind, but often the cost of living does not allow it. I can't wait to talk somemore, I feel like I'm in a similar position more often than not.
    Jessy

11. LittleHip

LittleHip Member

Im joanna pm me whenever u feel like!I love making friends and know new people!

12. Fedora

Fedora Member

Welcome back to Hippieville. Hope you find what makes you happy. Peace and Love!!!

13. SummerEco

SummerEco Member

its soooo good that you realized you were on the wrong path and have returned to your old ways! here you'll find what your looking for, and im positive your life will once again be centered! peace be with you man, if u need someone to talk to hey we're all here for you! :)

:rainbow: Don't Worry Be Hippie :rainbow:

14. wolf_at_door

wolf_at_door Senior Member

Hello rmrm. :)

In 1999 I started an education I really liked at university. I must admit that I was proud. In 2005 I graduated. I studied sociology. During my studies, companies & officials came to the university each year, doing some BIG show of "hey, look here you can work if you're an sociologist" & "look how exciting it is", .etc..etc.

All they forgot to tell that only the top 2% have a chance to get it. That's the same 2% who waste their whole youth - their 20tyes - to strive for an abstract goal that in the end will cause no happiness.

It's a rather new thought to me also... I'm in the same situation... But we're adults enough to decide: "will I live my entire rest life in slavery, or will I risk to get poor but certainly free?".

I'm thinking of being a careworker during the winter, and in the spring I would like to be a gardener at a cemetary. Can you imagine any job more free & peaceful? You can walk around at the quiet cemetary and philosophy all day long!

Use your imagination. Be intellectual if you like, but emancipate yourself from the enslavement of intellectualism...

Keep your skills and take them through some other way...

Love,
    /wolf

15. jimmyjoe

jimmyjoe Member

16. cogliostro

cogliostro Sir Psycho Sexy

Welcome back rmrm05!

17. The_Man_On_The_Hill

The_Man_On_The_Hill Member

TAKE THE RIDE!!! Journey onward child of earth, do not be dismayed by mere optical inhabitants that block your true self. Push through and move one!! I know how you feel i'm stuck in the city too but a way out is inevitably soon....PM ME if you need anything

:~:HuGs:~: