Neighborhoods in Seattle?

Discussion in 'Washington (State)' started by GoingHome, May 9, 2007.

1. GoingHome

GoingHome Further Within

Please excuse the question if it's been asked a thousand times.

I did a forum search for "neighborhoods Seattle" and got zero responses.

so...

What are some good neighborhoods to live in?
    cheap, funky, the usual.
    university district?
    Capitol hill?
    etc.

I'm moving from the steamy crotch of the world
    AKA: San Antonio, Texas.
    You can get an average apt. for 500-600 dollars here.

thanks for ANY information you can share.
    Ben

2. broony

broony Banned

Well university district is way cheaper than Capitol hill. Im right at the cross line between Capitol and 1st hill. Im in a studio paying $720 for rent and $100 for indoor parking.(I had to wait 7 months for my parking spot. Indoor is not a fast guarantee unless you got money.) Its not cheap in this area. I dont know this for fact but it seems most of Seattle rates are going up as we speak. I know several people who have there rent recently raised. West Seattle sucks but its cheaper rent with worse crime rate. North Seattle around 90th to 140th on Auroa has much cheaper rent. What kind of living conditions do you want and or need? There is lots to consider. Moving up here sucks as with most citys. At times it seems you can look for months and not find shit. If you can find one or two people to room with it will save lots of $.

3. lulumialu

lulumialu Member

Check out Ballard, too! It's a pretty chill area, still a few trees here and there :)

4. lifelove

lifelove Member

West Seattle is one of the safer neighborhoods, it's way too family oirented. AND ITS NOT CHEAP! Alki, Admiral, Fauntleroy are all expensive.

5. broony

broony Banned

I dont know where you talkin about in west seattle but i cant agree with u