neeeed to be naked

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by rowinggirl, Jun 3, 2007.

1. rowinggirl

rowinggirl Member

i LOVE being naked...but i have four younger siblings and a mom and dad who will NEVER leave me alone for more than two seconds.

what should i do? i want to be naked all the time, but i can never ave alone time.

--the first time i was left home alone was this weekend and i was naked for over 48 hours and i skinny dipped in my pool. this was a great time-but it was the ONLY time i was ever alone.

ideas?

2. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

Yeah, this is something you'll gradually see get better in your life, if it's this important to you, and it sounds like it is, but probably not as soon as you like. More and better opportunities on the way, but probably not at your age, in your family. Maybe others can chime in. At your age I had a few friends I could do this with, but I've always lived in rather wild places where it's easier.

3. TeknoShaman

TeknoShaman Member

I agree with Cool Spruce; just keep the clothes on unless you are safe alone or in the wilderness until you get to an age when you can move out to your own place where you can be naked as much as you want!

4. shedtroll

shedtroll Peace, Love & Linux

Rowinggirl, is there any time where all your family are out of the house for a good amount of time?

5. Barefoot Matthew

Barefoot Matthew Member

Yeah, unfortunately that is an age where a LOT of the things you probably want to do have to wait. ;-) On the plus side, you're not too far off from being 18 and potentially getting out on your own, and then you can hang out naked whenever you want! Least, that's what I did.

6. shedtroll

shedtroll Peace, Love & Linux

Barefoot Mathew's right I'm afraid, I'm lucky, my parents are out of a good amount of time during the day and I have no siblings.

My tip is, think about times you are alone for a good amount of time. Do your folks work/go to school? Maybe say, during exam leave you could have time or, perhaps even earlier.

7. GuruLite

GuruLite Member

I can relate: I'm usually naked as much as possible, but the house I'm staying at now isn't clothing-optional. It kind of sucks, but when I'm at work in my room, I'm allowed to be as free as I want.

8. rowinggirl

rowinggirl Member

thank you guys so much for the responses! i guess i will just have to wait until i am older and have a place of my own to really enjoy personal freedom.

9. lifelovefun

lifelovefun Member

Naked is the only way to go :) When I get the money I'm going to get myself a big ass ranch with tons of land and invite all the loving hippies to come and be free :)

10. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

I would just explain it to them and go naked, dont worry about them being there. Whats the worst they could do to you? If thats important to you just go for it. If theyre the loving caring family that they seem to be theyll understand.

11. Barefoot Matthew

Barefoot Matthew Member

rowinggirl - Actually NudistMike has a good suggestion and I guess I didn't think of it because in my own situation I know I would never have been able to ask my parents such a thing...but you didn't say whether your parents might have an open mind about allowing you some time to yourself at the house to be naked. Or you don't even have to tell them WHY you want to be left on your own, you can just tell them that you need some time to yourself - they should be able to understand that.

I imagine that with 4 younger siblings at home as well, finding time when they are ALL out of the house might be incredibly difficult, but hopefully your parents saw that you were responsible being left on your own, and have reached the conclusion that they can trust you to spend more time at home by yourself. I know it's not the best scenario, but it might be the most you can hope for right now.

Anyway, if there's trust between you and your parents, definitely talk to them about your needs, in as open a fashion as you are comfortable. You might be surprised with their response!

12. Mack99

Mack99 Member

My daughter wanted to be nude all the time but couldn't. she slept nude and woke herself up in the morning so nobody would find out and she had time alone after school in the afternoons so it worked out somewhat for her.

13. nextGENERATIONhippie

nextGENERATIONhippie Member

unfortunatly i am in the same boat, but i stay up late so i ususally get naked after my parents are asleep, as soon as i moe out ill be nude more

14. Booga

Booga Member

I disagree, Mike. As you must have noticed by now, the company of naked people doesn't agree with everyone. Rightly or wrongly, many feel very put off by it. As for the worst they could do -- well, they could make her feel self-conscious or guilty, possibly dampening the fun of being naked for a long time.

Be patient and discreet, is my advice. Enjoy those few, precious moments when you've got enough privacy to skinny-dip in peace. It won't be that long before you can move out into a place of your own, or find some sympathetic roommates.

15. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

Well its just something they need to get used to. The fact that so many people are put off by nudity just goes to show how screwed up our society is and how much it needs to learn to live with and accept things that are natural. She should never be made to feel self conscious or guilty for going naked and if they make her feel that way they should feel ashamed of themselves and beleive me if I was there I would make them feel ashamed of themselves.

Is that why nudism hasnt been largely accepted by the majority of society and why nudists hide out in nudist resorts and beaches like they live in some ghetto or reservation or santuary and going nude is some evil thing that has to be hidden and shunned from the world to protect it? I think we've been more than patient and discreet with people and honestly we havent got much in return for doing that. I think we should go out there and demand what is rightfully ours. I mean who cares if we offend some people, we have rights and offended or not those people need to respect those rights and give us what is ours.

I should be able to skinnydip whenever and wherever I damn please. I shouldnt have to wait till im in some ideal place hidden away from everyone who doesnt like to see nudity or till im with people who are sympathetic to it. People shouldnt be restricted to doing things only when the majority of people approve of it, thats not what a free country was meant to be. We should be free to go naked where we please without fear of riddicule or harassment. The police should be protecting us from unruly people not the other way around.

16. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

Thisis what I mean, no child or person should have to hide their nudity just so that other people dont see it. She should be able to be free and go naked when she wants and her parents should respect her choice and accept that she is nude without arguement. I would let my kids go nude and I wouldnt let anyone object to them doing so cuz its none of their damn business. If people dont like nudity then they need to learn to either change how they feel about nudity or just dont look.

17. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

Yeah and you miss out on your childhood and you dont ever get to share your nudity with anyone. Some life. You shouldnt have to wait until the wee hours of the morning when everyone is asleep just so they dont catch you in the act. Makes it seem like what youre doing is wrong and its not supposed to be that way. People need to be shown that nudity is not wrong weither they like it or not because it doesnt matter what they like or not its a matter of rights and those rights must be respected. We are not supposed to be a majority rule society.

18. Dario Western

Dario Western Member

You can enjoy nudism at any age. Don't wait until you are older. Maybe you could discuss it with your folks over dinner one night and tell them how you feel about it. :)

19. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

Its not really the "age" factor so much its more the fact I live with my parents. Id love to discuss it with my parents over dinner but we dont exactly eat dinner together, not that we dont want to its just not practical because we have so much junk here we only have room for one person to eat at a time so a dinner chat isnt really feasible. Besides it wouldnt work with my parents because they are hardcore conservative/christian fundamentalist types that think nudity is immoral. Im lucky they let me go shirtless and they dont even know the extent I do that. They dont even like homosexuality, which really irks me, im straight but I dont like racist people.

20. gingerness

gingerness Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

it was the same for me growing up i wanted to be naked all the time but my house was hardly ever empty and i shared a bedroomw ith my brother. i now houseshare with a friend of mine and anytime hes not home im naked. Still not plucked up the courage to go to a beach or other nudist area yet tho