Need something truly terrifying

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by marquis_de_odde, Jan 11, 2006.

1. marquis_de_odde

marquis_de_odde Member

I'm desperate to have a good scare but really can't seem to find anything that even comes close to scaring me.I don't mean that to sound as me boasting but it really makes me mad that nothing I've seen thus far gives me a good shot of adrenaline. Here's a list of movies I've watched and not been scared by,if anyone can suggest something beyond this that would scare the pants off me it'd be much appreciated; Child's Play,It,Final Destination,The Haunting, The Exorcist(though the flashing white demon face did freak me a bit),Amityville Horror,Village of the Damned,The Ring(American and Japanese),Poltergeist, Suspiria,Demons,Night of the Demons,Friday the 13th,Last House on the Left, I Spit on your grave,Dark Water,The Audition,The Descent,Blair Witch (did anyone find that scary?),numerous Vampire films,Nosferatu,Scream,I Know What You Did Last Summer,Urban Legend,Puppetmaster,Silent Night Deadly Night,well the list goes on but I think you can see where I'm going with this.

2. jacobfredjo

jacobfredjo Senior Member

no i didnt think blair witch was scary. Neither did anybody in the theatre i was in either lol. Scary movies are HARD to come by. I always thought Even Horizon was scary. With Laurence Fishburne and Sam Neil (jurassic park). Exorcist was kinda scary i thought. The new Rob Zombie movie isnt really scary...more just fucking sick and twisted lol but it was cool. its called the devils rejects. Hope i helped. Peace

3. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

you mean event horizen? also if you like audision, ichi the killer is a sick movie once again i dont know how scary it is but definitly fucked up and an awesome movie, vulger is another movie that not realy scary but extremely twisted

4. jacobfredjo

jacobfredjo Senior Member

yes sorry, i meant event horizon. Not even horizon.

5. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

well, i guess it would help if you told us what exactly you find scary in a movie
    is it having shit pop up out of nowhere with loud music at the least expected moment?
    is it having to watch something truly disturbing?
    is it the suspensefully mood that is created?

6. Jesus the Jedi

Jesus the Jedi Senior Member

yea ichi is definatly not a scary movie, its a comedy.
    i thought audition was amazing and terrifying, maybe you dont care too much about charecter study/development?

watch wait until dark with audrey hepburn.
    and de palmas hitchcock tribute dressed to kill.

7. Kris?

Kris? Senior Member

The Hole...Not scary but you'll be..... WTF

8. kif

kif Member

This guy seems to know his movies, your the only person I have seen post that Ichi is comedy, not horror or action, just over the top violence. Awesome movie.

9. deadonceagain

no she said she like adution so i suggested ichi the killer i also said its not scary but definitly a awsome movie, did you read my post or assume i was a moron?

10. kif

kif Member

Damn dude, calm the fuck down! Did I even mention you anywhere?

11. kif

kif Member

Sorry man, you werent referring to me, my bad.

12. deadonceagain

jesus does no one read my post? im not trying to start anything be damn ahahah

13. Kempo

Kempo Member

Go to an ethnic neighborhood with that particular race written on your shirt along with an ethic slur, I know that's not a movie, but it'd be scary I'm sure.

14. Jesus the Jedi

hey kiddo she didnt say anything about liking the movie, just that it wasnt scary, and the first hour and a half of charecter development helps you love the charecters and makes it all the scarier when shit goes down.

15. deadonceagain

kiddo? eh ok..... i just made a suggestion and i like the movie, i never said anything about ti being scary i just suggested it

16. Jesus the Jedi

wait wait wait

you qouted 2 statements of mine, which does that address?!

ahhhh if its the ichi one i wasnt saying your a moron i was just saying agreeing with you that its not horror, its comedy.

the audition statement was directed towards whoever started this thread.

17. deadonceagain

eh whatever ahaha

18. peaceloveandshrooms

peaceloveandshrooms Member

If you want a scary/disturbing movie, then I would suggest Donny Darko... can't even describe it. Life is freaky.

19. deadonceagain

donnie darko is not scary at all GREAT movie but not scary or disturbing

20. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Darko is the shit. But yea it's not scary just weird.