Need some tips on relocating to seattle.

Discussion in 'U.S.A.' started by forestdude, Jan 27, 2005.

1. forestdude

forestdude Member

Hi.
    Im thinking about relocating to the seattle area, Ive tryed looking up info online about moving out there but just cant seem to find much, Im wanting to know some about the cost of living, the pay for jobs ( Im not yet skilled in anything so i dont expect to go jump into a professional job just something to live on for a while )
    Im also wanting to know what are some cool neighborhoods or areas to live in that have a reasonable cost of living, And also is seattle still pretty cool these days? ive read alot about seattle and it sounds like it was a cool place at one time, i sure hope it hasnt changed!
    Thanks in advance for any information.

2. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

Well first of all, are you talking about moving into the city, the surrounding area, anywhere in western washington? You said you can't jump into a professional job, but what is something you'd be looking for?

Cost of living is extremely high here, one of the highest in the country... but most jobs pay wages that are sufficient. Within the city of Seattle, apartments range in price from about $500 to 3000+ $per month. If you are looking for a house rather than an apartment, I can help with that to.

Feel free to PM me. That's probably a better idea since I always forget which forums I've posted to. So if you give me some more specifics, I'll answer all your questions.