Need some ideas for my shop

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by la Principessa, Jan 20, 2013.

1. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I've made a lot of things for my etsy shop but only one thing sold at all. It was Padme's pendant from Star Wars Episode 1. I've sold about 20 of them. I suppose it's mostly because it's the only one on Etsy. If you look it up on google images, my item pops up in the first few pics.

But I am looking to actually make some more stuff but I can't think of anything that's uncommon but something that a LOT of people would want. Any ideas?

2. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Skulls are always popular.
    You could make them tattoo style with hearts, roses or wings.

3. Flakeofsnow

Flakeofsnow Member

As you may have noticed jewelry is very popular on Etsy. You have to make something unique that no one has like your pendant. Is there anything else you are super good at? It all really depends, on whether or not you have the best prices, high quality pictures and have good consistency with the quality of your product.

4. la Principessa

I'm good with clay, I can also make necklaces and earrings and stuff but I thought I'd sell the most stuff if they're from something like a movie or a game and that's the theme of my shop. I go for stuff that geeks such as myself like. I had stuff from the Assassin's Creed games, Mass Effect and GTAIV but the only thing that sold was Star Wars. lol

As for pictures, they're very clear. And I'm not expecting to make a living off of this, it's just for extra cash and enjoyment so my items are affordable. I raised the price of the pendant by a little bit every couple months because it was selling so well but it's only 2 dollars more than it was originally because I wasn't sure it was going to sell at first so I set it very low.

The items that got the most faves and/or sales were, in fact jewelry. So you're right there. I'd like to see what the people want that they haven't seen anywhere else so that I can bring it to life.

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

Calvin figurines

Bill Watterson never sold any rights...there would be no competition

im not sure how legal it would be though...but if you check with google youll see there is basically zero calvin and hobbes merchandise available to buy..but lots of people looking for it

6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

How about painted, clay flowers in a bridal bouquet?

7. la Principessa

Judging by your avatar I'm guessing you're one of those people...:2thumbsup:

8. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

yes.. i was just recently searching for little Calvin to stick on my dashboard and there is none...

all i could find is random art pieces that some people have made

9. la Principessa

If I made a bobblehead or something, would you buy it? lol If it was good, I mean.

10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

probably not

im very particular and very cheap lol

11. lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia Banana Hammock Lifetime Supporter

try doing something or some variation of this:

[​IMG]

From Harry Potter. Geeks will love you forever.

12. la Principessa

I actually saw a lot of those on etsy. When I have an idea I usually look it up first to see if it's really common, and if it is common I want to see how well others did it. If it's common but I think I can do it better, I go ahead. But if not, then I move on to another idea.

13. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

14. la Principessa

15. clairehobby

clairehobby Member

in my opinion,what makes me interest is handmade stuffs,and not the same with others,that is to say the stuff is unique,and special,the stuff can be made according to the holiday and season.and now,i am searching for valentine's day gift for my family

16. andrewe

andrewe Banned

Painted, clay flowers in a bridal bouquet would be a nice idea to go with.

17. Cavlin

Cavlin Banned

cheap......

18. usedtobehoney

usedtobehoney Senior Member

Why not keep making the thing that's selling? Other than that any sort of sacred geometry should work, I'd think.