Need some help...

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by addaea, Jan 28, 2009.

1. addaea

addaea Guest

well I've had my locks for probably 5-6 years now, I love them so much but I'm finally faced with a problem that might force me to cut them(and possibly start over)..anyways, the front section, right at my forehead has become seriously undone in the last few months(mostly due to my hardhat at work), its become bushy and frankly it looks pretty bad, my friends say I'm growing a mini afro, LOL. anyways, I've been holding it down for the last few months, but I was wondering if there is anyway I can fix this. I'm guessing I could re-twist just that section and "sprout" some new small locks and let them catch up with the rest...I dunno, I took some pics to show what I mean. Hopefully yall have some suggestions, thanks!! :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ThePmiester

ThePmiester Member

Hey Addaea:)
    Yeh you should re twist it:) They are awesome locks! Post some more pics :D
    Alex

3. shadygrov

shadygrov Member

Whatever you do, don't cut the because you have some undreaded hair. They look great. I would just twist it up to form a small lock and just let it grow.

4. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

I agree,they look like some real good locks.don't cut em! x x x

5. ThePmiester

ThePmiester Member

I cut mine, I regret it, its slowly getting worse and worse :(

6. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

dont do nithing they will form baby dreads on theyre own as they get lil longer, thye hardhat may be slowing things a bit though so twist away if u wanna not too agressively tho

u could also let em confgop with other dreads

play with it lil once u get lil knottiness goin it will increade over time

if u let it go natural tho it may nedd lil more growth to start to lock, but in your hair sgould do it fairly short

try this
    your hardhasts got a plastic band inside thart ruibs it right?
    cover that band in wool or something or put on a bandana or tam beyween dreads and hardhat

7. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

hard hats always matt the fuck out of my hair, but it may be different hair / different hats. I hope it's never an issue for me, i haven't had to wear one for a while :(