Need some advice

Discussion in 'Writers Forum' started by NobodySomebody, Apr 28, 2013.

1. NobodySomebody

NobodySomebody Guest

I'm considering using the name of characters from two different TV show's I've watched. They were cancelled and the characters weren't really big they were very minor if anything and the character ideas I've come up with are completely different with some minor similarities. I'm just worried this is plagiarism.

2. fleamailman

fleamailman Member

("...best not..." replied the goblin, adding "...someone somewhere always finds out and spoils it for you so instead, keep turning the idea over in your head, where suddenly their names will spring out at you...")

3. boxthorn

boxthorn Guest

It's always okay to recycle ideas, but, like fleamailman said, it's best to keep thinking up ideas to make more of your own.

4. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

Ah, I too have the problem with coming up with names! Sometimes it's fun to hint towards things like that though, to see if your readers are fans! Also, there's a bunch of people in the world, you could say that your use of the name is purely coincidental, if you aren't copying any of the other traits of the character (which you said you didn't).