need new hairstyle ideas

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by la Principessa, Aug 25, 2008.

1. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

i desperately need something new to do with my hair. as some of you may know, i live in south florida. i also have curly hair and in the humidity it is awful. Anyway, does anyone have any hairstyle ideas for us gals with curly hair? and dont bother with anti-humidity serums because they never work for me :(

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

how long is your hair? We can't be useful in suggestions without that info.
    And did you start posting on Long Hair community recently?

3. la Principessa

Oh of course. Well my hair is a little past shoulder length when it's curly(which it always is unless i straighten it). I regret cutting it because I never thought it was long enough so it might as well be short. haha.

no i havent. i would if i never cut it :(

4. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

I like bangs alot. They are easy too. You can just put a bit of product in them, then blowdry them straight, no biggy.

5. la Principessa

I've always wanted bangs. But because my hair is vulnerable to humidity, it frizzes and curls back up just as it was before I straightened it even with product. it would be a nightmare having little curls on the top of my head. lol

maybe I'll just leave it be.

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

have you tried a couple drops of oil as anti-frizz, rather than a -cone laden serum? (simethecone, dimethecone, all silicones)

7. la Principessa

No, but that's a good idea. Thanks!

8. MamaKate08

MamaKate08 Member

Curls are a pain but they are so pretty. Ive got curly hair and Ive done my research on how to help it not be so frizzy and Im also going to school to be a Cosmetologist.
    First dont blow dry your hair because all blowing drying does is dry your hair out even more. So just let it dry...usually what I do is take a brush through it every 15mins. If you want to use some top of product make sure you only use a lil and add some water to it. I usually use Bed Head Control Freak.

If you dont want the curls at all....which ive thought about doing but dont really want to say bye bye to my curls......is getting it permanently straighten. Its like a perm it last for a few months. Some places do charge a lot I know at my school we charge about $50.

Curls or no curls you will still be pretty but do what is best for you.

Peace & Love

9. la Principessa

Thanks!

I never blow dry my hair! lol