Need encouragement to go barefoot

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by nr3c, Dec 23, 2017.

1. nr3c

nr3c Member

I love to go barefoot but have trouble around others at home. Can we talk?

2. RT19

RT19 Members

It’s simple... take off your shoes and socks and go barefoot. Christmas is a good time because you spend it with family so spend it barefoot.

I’m always the only barefoot one in my home so everyone sees my bare feet.

Antony14 and BarefootedBoy like this.
  3. BarefootedBoy

BarefootedBoy Members

I agree with RT19. I was the same way until one day in my teens, I took off my shoes and socks, went barefooted, and have been hooked ever since.
    Take 'em off and free your feet! Nobody will care, and if anyone says anything, who gives a shit?

RT19 likes this.
  4. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

Just do it. You'll feel a bit self conscious at first. We all do, but that wears off pretty quickly, and you'll be able to just do it whenever the hell you want.

5. The “problem” with barefooting is that the feelings tend to be intense, so much so that we think everybody must know what we’re feeling. And that is not helped by the fact that people tend to stare (however covertly) at barefooters because they too know how good it feels; it’s just that we’re doing it; not them. And that isn’t helped by the fact that we’re baring our feet in places and with a constancy that separates us from “the pack”. So with all that going on, no wonder it gets to be a challenge. But, hey, all guys used to wear hats; that didn’t make it right; it was just “the norm.” So fuck shoes; it’s just a norm. That doesn’t make it Right. There IS no Right.

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

what sort of trouble?

7. nr3c

nr3c Member

I have trouble getting over the initial hurdle of doing it.

8. nr3c

nr3c Member

9. nr3c

nr3c Member

I just feel exposed. Need some encouragement.

10. nr3c

nr3c Member

How do I get over the initial feeling?

11. nr3c

nr3c Member

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I have trouble understanding how it is even a thing

wilsjane likes this.
  13. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

-

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  14. You just have to do it and learn to ignore others. It takes a while, but you will succeed.

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

do it during the summer and it won't feel so chilly.

16. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

Take them off where no one can see you, then proceed out with caution, and it won't take long to get over the feeling. Trust me there, I used to be exactly the same, baring my feet used to make me feel naked and insecure. You just have to ease into it, and experience those moments of discomfort in order to get over the feeling.

fatelvis likes this.
  17. Naked_Toes

Naked_Toes Members

If it's in a public place, don't just jump in and walk around a store or restaurant barefoot; get a pair of sandals. Especially if you're being nervous about it, some people will take notice of bare feet, but no one will bat an eye if you're wearing a pair of sandals. After a while of your toes being exposed, you can try leaving the sandals in your car while pumping gas or getting a soda or something and do it in bare feet, preferably with long pants as they would somewhat hide the fact that you're barefoot. The rest is as far as you feel you can take it.

18. See my private message to you.

19. lode

lode Banned

Do you want me to steal your shoes?

20. deancolby68

deancolby68 Members

I used to always wear socks in my home and family never see me barefoot until I went for a trip overseas a couple of years ago, I was staying with a friend and his family and being barefoot in their home was normal, so I thought argh I'm going to do it! I was in the room fighting with myself trying to get that confidence to go downstairs barefoot haha I did and it felt great! I was overseas for 3 months and most of the time I was there I was barefoot I loved it! I brang that confidence home with me and always barefoot now in front of my family and they don't care or even pay attention to my feet. I'm very foot shy and I've just recently gone out in public wearing sandals! I'm always thinking about people looking at my feet but it's such a buzz! Turn on too lol