Need advice

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Zeppelin, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Zeppelin

Zeppelin Member

So my best friend got herself into a bit of a situation. She has been dating this guy for ~3 months and in the last 2 weeks she found out that he had been putting on an act for her the whole time. 3 nights ago he almost stabbed his best buddy, and my friend stopped it from happening. He has become increasingly violent and controlling, and she wants to stop the relationship.

The problem is that he might hurt her or somebody else over this, because he is pretty attached. She needs a way to break up with him softly, preferably with him doing the breaking up. He once said to her that if she ever cheat on him he will straight up kill whoever it is, and that it would be the only way he would EVER break up with her. Obviously this relationship cant last, with her being a nice girl and him a violent jealous person.

Me and her have poured over our options and cant think of a way to make this work. Mayby somebody that has had more experience in these kinda issuse can help me? Any advice is appreciated alot.

2. RandomOne

RandomOne Member

wow... dude has problems. Other than him getting counseling or working them out himself, i dunno. I think she should just break up with him like any normal break up though. What can she do other than that? She shouldn't stay with someone she has to walk around eggshells with. I mean how he handles it is up to him, he'll probably be very clingy and trying to get back with her for awhile but he'll get over it. If you're really worried maybe be there with her in the other room when it happens and have the cops on speed dial.

I hate that guys like him end up with the nice girls.

3. His Eden

His Eden Queen of Mean

It depends on the boyfriend. What I mean by that is there are a lot of people who make threats, but nothing ever comes of them. There are also some people crazy enough to carry them out. The question is, which kind is he? (Not what he has threatened to do, but actually done.)

Does your friend have any place she can stay that he doesnt know about? She also needs to change her phone number and internet information if she wants him to leave her alone. Will her family help her get out of the situation? Better to be ashamed and ask for help than on a slab in the morgue.

With only vague information it is hard to give much more advice. Sorry....and good luck!

4. Zeppelin

Zeppelin Member

The reason this is a problem is that this guy could actually do this... hes stabbed someone before (not his GF) but no way in hell am i gonna risk it... I think what i will do is sit quietly in a room down the hall when the break up in case something happens. Unless anyone can think of something better.... She has no family now to go to either.

5. His Eden

His Eden Queen of Mean

Can she talk to his friends, or are they just as unstable? Is there any way she can just stop returning calls and being available to him? Unfortunately no one can predict exactly what he will do. In any case be safe, and have the local authorities on speed dial.

6. Mocabluu

Mocabluu Member

i personally would pretend to be a lesbian, and that I have no attraction to him. i find that men take loosing their girlfriend to a woman much better than they do a man. their initial thoughts are perverted, and by the time they figure out what really happened, they're usually already trying to get into some other chicks pants.

7. TokerMama07

TokerMama07 Member

She need to def leave him. I agree with random one sit someone close and have the cops on speed dial. She should def find a place to stay somewhere that he doesnt know so that after she breaks up with him he wont find her.

I hope everything works out.