need advice from females

Discussion in 'Transexual and Transgender' started by free4ever, Apr 11, 2006.

1. free4ever

free4ever Member

I was thinking of starting hormones to become female. I was wondering if you could tell me if its fun to be a girl? Do you think its better than being a man? whats it like being female?

Petersteele123 likes this.
  2. Stillravenmad

Stillravenmad Member

It's a little hard to explain something like that without having any basis for comparision.

3. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Well, wanting to be a different gender is a pretty big question to ask yourself, and I don't think fun has much to do with it, or which is considered better. I think you should be asking yourself if you want to be a woman or not.

4. MoonMaiden

MoonMaiden Member

Agreed. I have to admit though, I wouldn't change it for the world, I love being a girl. I hope you decide yourself and that whatever choise you make is the right one for you.

5. hipunk

hipunk Member

Your question strikes me as being a bit odd. Not because you're thinking of changing your gender but because you're thinking of taking hormones. You are THINKING of doing it.

Hmmm... what does that mean? Have you talked to a doctor? I read that in Minneapolis, where I live, we have the highest number of gender reassigned folks. People come here for the surgery. I know that in minnesota you need to talk to a psychologist first. A psychologist will help you in determining wether you should start taking hormones or not. Believe me, starting a hormone program isn't something to decide after a tarot reading or even on the advice of an idiot like me.

You asked, "I was wondering if you could tell me if its fun to be a girl? Do you think its better than being a man?" I find those questions disturbing, coming from someone who wants to reassign their gender. You should seek professional advice before you try taking hormones on your own. I have seen hormone self-medication have disastrous results.

I wish you good luck in finding your joy,