Near Death Experiences, the reality of spirit

Discussion in 'Metaphysics and Mysticism' started by Tulsa, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Tulsa

Tulsa Members

I have been studying near death experiences for over 30 years. I had the experience during an heart attack when I was 49. It is estimated over 10 million people have had the experience in the U.S. I recently came across an experience that is more detailed than usual and would like to share it with others. I believe we humans need to learned about this subject if we can.
    I hope this is posted in the right place. This is for informational purposes and discussion if desired.

noodist_jen likes this.
  2. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

So wouldn’t this be called a near “life” experience

The subject of death holds no fascination for me

Life holds all the mysteries

EZGoing likes this.
  3. sosmartamadeus

sosmartamadeus Members

It's great, I'm all open, but I don't need to know. Scares the heck out of me, even though it's supposed to be comforting.

4. Tulsa

Tulsa Members

I have always thought it needed a better name. Dr. Raymond Moody was one of the first to research NDEs and he gave it this name. It has stuck since 1975 when he published his first book: "Life After Life." He was fired from his hospital job when it came out. But he has done alright in life.

5. Tulsa

Tulsa Members

Most people are afraid of death, but there is really nothing to fear. Need to discuss this more when time allows.

6. sosmartamadeus

sosmartamadeus Members

I believe there's justifiable cause not to be, but I still am.

7. Tulsa

Tulsa Members

Many are taught to be afraid when young. They are told about demons, devils, and hell. This teaching was supposed to make them behave as they should. Or maybe go to church and give their offerings. Some are afraid of the pain or suffering death may bring. But in reality death is not to be feared. No heaven or hell, no judgements and punishments, very little pain. You come from the Spirit World into the physical and return back to the Spiritual World when you die. You could call the Spirit World Heaven because it is very pleasant. Filled with love and compassion. Not to worry.

8. sosmartamadeus

sosmartamadeus Members

I just hope it doesn't revolve around my own imaginings. My imagination is torture.

I just hope I go in my sleep...I don't want to anticipate it. I'm someone for whom Carnival rides are too much.

9. Tulsa

Tulsa Members

I wish the best for you. I was scared of the Merry-Go-Round when I was a child. The NDE took away most of my fear of things. Love

10. JonJRR88

JonJRR88 Members

11. JonJRR88

JonJRR88 Members

in a doctor's waiting room. Man was there, older man, maybe 75. But real tough type of guy. Clear out of the blue, he starts to tell me about his near death experience.

Was flying a military combat mission in Vietnam. Got shot down. He proceeded to tell me about his experience. And he also told me that after the experience happened, he felt compelled to share the experience with others.

What was particularly compelling was the guy himself. Kinda of had the attitude of some kind of Marine drill sergeant. Just about the last possible person you would think would talk about that experience.

And just something about the way he told it.

Clearly...no agenda, not promoting anything, no possibility of making money or getting any advantage from telling it.

And not the only person I have interacted with who has reported that experience.