Natural Products to help lose weight

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by jaigurudeva~, Sep 21, 2008.

1. jaigurudeva~

jaigurudeva~ Member

Is there anything out there that can help stimulate my body to help me lose wieght? I'm eating healthier, exerciseing....but my body just doesn't seem to be responding very well. been trying to lose weight for about 6 months now and i've only lost less than 10 lbs. For health reasons, i need to lose about 40 more (eep!)

I could try any number of things out there, but i don't wanna make it worse on my self by putting God knows what into me via the chemicals that are probs in advertised weight loss stuff......

p.s. i'm not talking about a 5+ pound a week endevor, just a healthly slow get it off and keep it off thing

also any good things to help me stop losing a bunch of hair after my shower?

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I suggest you check out Sparkpeople.com
    and the hair threads.

3. jaigurudeva~

jaigurudeva~ Member

Thank you! this is helping a lot!

4. knottygrl

knottygrl Member

Garlic supplements (or even better, raw garlic if you dont mind reeking), the health benefits are insane! you'll feel great within a week!

5. liyulianyanyu

liyulianyanyu Member

you should ensure your enssential energy per day and reduce for a little.if you can't ensure your body for the necessary and lose weight,you will gain weight again when you eat much after you lose it.

6. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

If you aren't losing the weight, you probably aren't eating the right foods, or are mistaken about which foods are "Good" and which are "bad" for weight loss.

7. MelindaRose

MelindaRose Member

Ultimately you'll have to eat right and exercise. Chia seeds are really great because not only are they healthy but if you soak them and drink the "gel" they actually help you to feel full as well.
    Good Luck and Peace.

8. s0ma

s0ma Member

mhmm this could be true. like for the longest time i didn't know "white" foods such as white flour, sugar, bread, pasta, and even rice were not conducive to weight loss. research research research!
    try green tea. just plain/natural/whatever, none of that stuff you can buy because it has high fructose corn syrup in it, which is awful for you. anyway, it's supposed to speed up your metabolism. I don't know if it does, but it's good for you in general.
    as for hair loss, I'm not really sure but vitamin E is supposed to be good for hair/nail growth. But really it all comes down to what you eat.

9. knottygrl

knottygrl Member

opt for the green tea. natural home-made juices from fresh fruits and veggies. make sure to take vitamins so u're getting all the essentials, and good luck!

10. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

Absolutely. I've eaten 2 raw pieces of garlic everyday for awhile now and I've not gotten anything worse than a runny nose. Many people around me have been sick but it never catches on to me. :)

11. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

You should eat as much vegetables, fruits and whole grains as possible. Reduce the meat, try to have one vegetarian meal every day if you can. If you have sugar cravings, use stevia extract. It's as sweet as sugar, without the bad sides (in fact, it's actually good for you!). But the most important is respecting your body! Dropping weight too fast can be more harmful than remaining fat, plus after a slow weight loss it's easier to stabilize and keep your new weight.

Keep going!

12. stazzy04

stazzy04 Member

I just started using sparkpeople.com ... and it really helps me to make sure I'm getting the right amount of everything. Like, some days, I eat a TON of carbs and don't realize it ... and others I eat a TON of fats (which I never really worried about because I am vegetarian). And I've also realized how little protein I was getting.

... There was something else I was going to say, but I don't remember. Hmm....

13. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

tapeworms

14. shroomzilla

shroomzilla Member

i goggled Chia seeds and it looks like you can almost live off them alone, very nutritious and filling. it sounds frickin awesome just swallow the seeds, drink some water and poof your thin.

15. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Garlic sounds great.

16. haha_wintaaa

haha_wintaaa Member

Ahaahahhaah. Good suggestion!

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

quinoa seeds are great for you and they're supposed to regulate your metabolism

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/weight-loss/expert-advice/diet-detective/quinoa/

My mom gave me a garlic supplement when I had a killer sinus infection and didn't have insurance to go to the doctor. She said they work just as well as penicillin, and sure enough after a couple of days my sinus infection cleared up completely

18. CandeeVictoria

CandeeVictoria Member

I invested in some authentic Japanese Green Tea and drank a cup before every meal and once with snack. I dropped lbs a lot fast this way and it's proven to help weightloss. Try it. =]

19. LetsToastToToast

LetsToastToToast Member

Maybe you have thyroid issues? I know my dad has been having issues with his weight and turns out it was because of his thyroid. You should go get it checked out if you really aren't losing the weight with simple diet and exercise.

20. BornHippy

BornHippy Member

healthy balanced raw vegan diet will get you to your natural weight unless you have health problems