Natural Deodorant

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Lady Neko, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

I hope this is the right forum to post this. But anyways I just recently decided to stop using conventional deodorant (Secret Gel) to something else. I tried kiss my face Peaceful Patchouli stick kind because I love their body wash but that did not seem to help. So today rather than buying the roll on I bought Tom's of Main roll on Lavender. So far stink wise i am okay. I smell like Lavender. It feels different than the Secret thing I used to use. Is this normal? Is there something else I could use if it seems like its not working? I hope this is not weird to ask.

2. Go ask alice

Go ask alice Member

I use Earthly Elements- Herbal magic deoderant... its all completely natural and seems to work fine =) No complaints so far anyway hehe!

3. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

i have been using tom's of main lavender scent and because i love patchouli so much some oil on my wrists. i'll see how this works. and i'll try the other one you recommended. thank you ^_^

4. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

i dont wear deoderant anymore. if i smell, i use baking soda, it works really well. its normal for natural deoderants to feel different because they allow you to sweat which is how your body get rid of many toxins. i used toms of maine for a while and it worked well for me, its pretty good stuff. baking soda rules though ;)

5. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

I just use a few dabs of patchoulli oil on the ol' pits.........works good for me

6. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

none eat right & u dont need any..no meat very lil junk, the stink comes from what u put in your body, not what u put on it

but if u need to, try umm i think its just called the deoderant stone.. klooks like quartz almost, just wet n rub...&..it lasts a week through showers & all..
    although on some ppl with really heavey sensativity it can cause , a sorta yeast infection of the pits..yea i dunno why..but if u get a rash u can stop & it goes awaywqauickly...& thats just with rare sensativities ive heard of that..
    http://www.kombuchapower.com/deodorant_stone.htm

7. Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes Member

I use Jason products and Dr. Burt's Bees Oil of Sage Deodorant. I find they smell nice and work wonders. Unfortunately, they wear off after one day usually.

8. medicalmarvel

medicalmarvel Member

natural deodornts are a good means to heal your stinct. i mean if naturally it is available, then people should not go for the artificial ones.

9. homeschoolmama

homeschoolmama Senior Member

I've not had good luck with the stone myself, but my sister swears by it.

Myself, I like Tom's of Maine... and when I can afford it, Avalon Organics :)
    love,
    mom

10. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I use this tea tree roll on. I use toms of maine lavendar too, but sometime's it irritates me.

11. indigolightning

indigolightning Member

Definitely ditch the old stuff. The active ingredient is most likely aluminum. Now ask yourself, do you really want to be rubbing that on your body every day for the rest of your life? Whatever natural works for you is what to use. And stay away from Ban deodorants whatever you do. Tests say there is a cancer link to them.

12. stalk

stalk Banned

After I get out of the shower
    I apply some baking soda to my pits
    and it eats away the bacteria
    and everything else that comes out of me.
    It's a pretty harmless substance,
    and it does the job well for a day or two.

13. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

I use the stone. Its a mineral salt crystal actually.

I've had the same one for over 7 years. I've worn it down to about 1/3 its original size. Works great.

x

14. stalk

stalk Banned

What kind of stone? That sounds awesome.

15. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

http://www.thecrystal.com/

Cost me less than a dollar per year to use everyday.

Should be able to find them in health food stores, etc.

x

16. SunDweller1989

SunDweller1989 Member

Crystal's the best. Just moisten it a bit and rub it on. I used to get dry skin from it but I'm used to it now.

17. FinnishButterfly

FinnishButterfly JennyJelly

I agree with xexo, get the crystal.. they have it at mothernature.com too for pretty cheap. I love it! no alluminum built up in your system. >.< Yuck!

Plus it doesnt smell weird..

18. littlelily

littlelily Member

I have been using a salt stone for years now (I actually am using the same stone that I purchased two years ago.) It works well. However, if you wear sythetic materials like polyester...it isn't as effective. ALSO APPLY IT WHILE YOUR ARMPITS ARE STILL MOIST FROM YOUR BATH!!! Another great deodorant is baking soda dissolved in water, apply it with a spray bottle.