Nationwide Anti-Trump Protests Rock The Us

Discussion in 'Politics' started by xenxan, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Isaac Asimov wrote, "Violence is that last resort of the incompetent" which is why the Three Stooges are always violent. Sarcastic people will often claim they are just joking, right up to when they suddenly explode into violence. Animals will bite the hand that feeds them if they are not getting enough or being abused in some other way, but its an indication society is rotten to the core and people are becoming mindless animals.

2. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I can remember the first lesson in American Government 101: A precondition for successful democracy is a culture in which most people feel that the differences among them are minor enough that they can accept the results and wait until the next election. That was then, this is now. The intensity of the polarization in this country is really alarming. Listen up: the distinction between democracy and a lynch mob is impulse control. Democracy presupposes institutions of free and fair elections, and traditions and a political culture that accept the ballot box as the primary way to bring about legitimate governmental change. A lynch mob favors mob rule, giving vent to undisciplined appetite's and emotions. The results are typically tragic. McVeigh is dead,The Weathermen are dead, and good riddance! Mobs can have their fun, but the end result of all the violence and suffering is always the same:rule by a self-interested elite that is as bad or worse than the one before. Timothy Thomas Fortune, owner and editor of New York Age, was a fiery agitator on behalf of civil rights for African Americans, but opposition to lynch mobs was his main target.

3. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

"or at least start spewing racist shit which we all know that's what he's about, it's only fair." Is this an assumption that 'we all know' or is it your perspective that "we all should know" or is it a filler because you are not really sure "you know" yourself?

"national debt in the trillions of dollars and the economy on the ground" and who is responsible for that?

Hows this: https://www.rt.com/usa/366346-man-attacked-trump-chicago/

or

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/10/boss-tells-pro-trump-employees-to-resign.html

or

https://www.sott.net/article/333547-MoveOn-activists-march-against-Trump-George-Soros-begins-his-color-revolution-in-America

or

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/11/10/stars-urge-their-fans-to-fight-after-trump-win.html

It seems you have your comments backward, the segregation and hate is rife from the left. It has been coming from them this whole election. I wonder if those many BLM folks actually know they are funded and controlled by a rich white man, talk of hypocrisy.

4. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

I figure things are going to shit regardless, so strap in and see what happens...(especially considering people STILL, in 2016, think they can vote in change with this BS "choice" they give us...nah, the whole system is a dysfunctional mess, it needs to be broken down).

1 person likes this.
  5. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

2015 was a year of the SJW uprising. Where language policing took over culture and ruined people's careers and achievements for certain "vulgarities" they may or may not have said several years earlier. It was a year the PC police placed feelings before facts. The word "microaggression" was invented. Safe space culture took the nation by storm. This was the year a war on straight white men was waged. This was the year journalists ignored the accomplishments of Matt Taylor, a scientist who successfully landed a space probe on a comet, and instead attacked him mercilessly and destroyed his reputation for being a misogynist for wearing a shirt with pretty women on the front. This was the same year pseudo-intellectual jounalists went on a witch hunt against the video gaming industry during GamerGate, who slandered and lied about ordinary people who enjoy video games as racist, sexist, and a whole list of everything else. Commedians Chris Rock, Jerry Seinfeld, Larry the Cable Guy, Dave Chappelle, and many others vowed never to return to college campuses. This was the year the media colluded with gender activists and race baiters who attacked ordinary people in the name of social justice.

In 2016 there was an epic backlash against this leftist insanity. By electing the most politically incorrect candidate no living person has ever seen!

2 people like this.
  6. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet Not even close.

I've never in my life received any free shit.

The Electoral College favors the Republican Party. Hillary won the popular vote. Remember Al Gore? The Electoral Collage indirectly caused the Iraq War. Lots to protest there.

1 person likes this.
  7. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

Lynch mobs can have impulse control, and just go about their business very methodically. The difference is a lynch mob can even hang their own majority and still be recognized as a lynch mob. Democracy requires the cooperation of minorities, of course, not all of them all the time, but without a significant amount of cooperation from significant minorities what you have is civil war and revolution rather than a shared functional democracy.

You can forget about tolerance when the rich get richer, the poor poorer, and the money and the gun are doing most of the talking worth listening to. Your constitutional rights have been indefinitely suspended and nobody can even distinguish between a lynch mob and a democracy. The money and the guns are doing all the talking worth listening to anymore and that's one reality even the mass media can't disguise.

8. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I hate this. It's like what do they hope to accomplish? I didn't vote for him either but f he's in, he's in. No amount of protesting is going to change it. Honestly though, I feel a little bit distracted by the Proposition 64 (recreational marijuana) thing.

9. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

Maybe Trump will just say fuck it and order the feds to stop arresting people for weed? Maybe he wont. Will he have any real power to do anything there anyway?

I'm pretty sure HIlary would have been against full normalisation though.

10. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Yeah. He can introduce a bill in Congress about it, but they will never agree to it.

1 person likes this.
  11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I know amd i agree. I was saying it would be more effective to protest the electoral college rather than the president elect who benefited from it.

12. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

I guessed as much.

It wont matter though since the dominoes have started falling and there's no going back now. Or is there?

There's just always some **** somewhere that disagrees with it and wants it to remain illegal or be returned illegal.

13. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet Not even close.

Maybe. Either way, Millennials are getting off their asses and getting involved, not giving up after their candidate lost. That's a very good sign.

3 people like this.
  14. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Hope you enjoy him.

15. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

They are making it quite clear that its now open season on the government and those maintaining the status quo.

16. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

Yeah, they are getting off their asses after the fact but for the fact their candidate lost, not for any greater good. Protesting against Trump is just their plateauing experience at the moment until someone tells them what to think and do again.

This whole election Trump criticized the voting process and where were these poor Millenials then? That's right fantasizing about feminist power in the WH. For shame to simple-mindedness

All hail Cognitive Dissonance. In case the millennials aren't sure of the meaning, here it is: Basically it is when something that you believed in for so long and so hard suddenly gets a heavy dose of reality that contradicts your belief; In turn, leaves you dumbfounded and lost to critical thinking.

edit: added were

3 people like this.
  17. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

You took a lot of artistic liberty with that definition. The more simple and accurate definition:

"psychological conflict resulting from incongruous beliefs and attitudes held simultaneously"

18. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

I figured if I stuck with the basic Psychological definition, that the words may be too big for Millenials to understand. Creativity allows the pill to be taken with food, not on an empty stomach.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Millenials are defined as anyone born between the early to mid 80s and the late 90s. You're literally insulting every single person born within a 20 year time span.

20. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

I'm a gen X, I take no offence to some criticising my generation. Sums up the issues in todays society; I am offended save me.

It is humoristic. Millenials is just a term associated with the younger generation that has become disassociated with reality.
    Are they not the ones cowering in their safe spaces crying into their gluten free, fat-free, soy chia lattes because their preferred candidate lost; blanketing the streets in protest to something they know nothing about? At least the hippies of the 60s new and protested the moral codes that politicians should be held to. Now it is just what someone says on Facebook or any MSM outlet to which they believe. It is a generation of simple-mindedness and confusion. So if they are offended, well then maybe start to think critically.