Nationalism

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Spacer, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

Does it breed racism?

2. moonydancer

moonydancer Member

In my opinion, yes, it can.

See germany in the 20' and 30'.

Hell, see france before WWI.

3. Spacer

Very true, the most famous nationalistic manifesto was Hitlers Mein Kampf and look at the trouble that came from that.

4. moonydancer

moonydancer Member

Well, yes, but I don't think "mein kampf" was ever reliesed....

And I think one day, sooner or later, the u.s.a are gonna have a racist government.
    With all the "god bless america" going around...

btw, america is NOT a country. I really don't understand why they keep saying america instead of u.s. ...

5. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

We already have in the past, in fact, Woodrow Wilson, during WW1 who is seen as a great peace maker in American history books is probably 1 of the most rasicst men we've ever had as president

As or the the calling the US, America thing, iti's just easier. Like calling the whole UK just England.

6. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Also though, you forget that America is about only about 69% white, 30% minority, trust me, I saw as many blacks, asians and hispanics waving flags and hanging up God Bless America signs after 9/11 as whites were doing. If anything Americans in general will just become rascist to the rest of the world as a whole.

7. Spacer

lol, that could turn out to be very true!! :p

8. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I know. :p

I love your toupee.

9. moonydancer

moonydancer Member

What's toupee ?:confused:

10. Spacer

a toupee is a wig as far as I know.

11. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

I don't suppose it would breed racism, or not exactly, as it's already on the same level really.... It's just discrimination based on nationality rather than race...

12. moonydancer

moonydancer Member

Racism to me, is not based on skin-color only, it's based on ppl that are different from you.

13. Spacer

Racism for me is any form of discrimination whether it's based on skin colour, race or creed. Nationalism in Ireland breeds sectarianism in the North between Catholics and Protestants and anti-English feeling.

14. moonydancer

moonydancer Member

You say it better than me, spacer! (what's your name?)

15. Spacer

Ronan, et tu?

16. moonydancer

moonydancer Member

Flannery

now, nobody can forget:D

17. goldmund

goldmund Member

While there are certainly many minorities in The United States of America :D (j/k, i agree w/you moony, we should be more specific; otherwise, calling the US "America" borders on arrogance) supporting our actions in Iraq, etc., often not knowing the full history of our foreign policy, many do so out of fear for being seen as not being fully "American". Moreover, in my experience as a High School teacher dealing with parents and the kids, our actions in the Middle East and the situation in Israel/Palestine had breed widespread racism and intolerance in the US. You would not believe how many people I talk to suggest just dropping a nuke on Iraq and "starting over with a clean slate". Like they are not human and worthy of consideration.
    BTW, that dali painting is very provocative. I have never seen it before. Nice touch! :)

18. Spacer

Jetzt du wohnst in Deutschland? Wieviele jahre wohnst du in Deutschland? Ich mochte nach Deutschland gehen fur das Oktoberfest.

19. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Patriotism is a stupid concept, its just a celebration of where your parents fucked.

Its a caveman like idea, my tribe is better then your tribe so my tribe can get the better terradactyl hunting grounds.

I dunno if it always breeds racisim, but some kinda elitism, and it blinds you to realising when your country does wrong, and makes you hesitant to do something about it.

20. goldmund

goldmund Member

Just since this summer. I am near Nürnberg. I went to Oktoberfest this year and got into a fight with an American soldier. First time I have been punched in over 15 years, and it was from someone who not only shares my citizenship, but is payed to PROTECT me. He was sloshed! He hit 2 girls in the process. In my opinion, skip Oktoberfest in Munich and hit up the volksfest in Nürnberg, early september.