National Prayer Breakfast

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Okiefreak, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Thoughts on the national prayer breakfast event?

The National Prayer Breakfast has been going on since 1953, and has become de rigueur for our national politicians and elite bigwhigs to attend as a display of hypocrisy to show how big on God they all are. Usually, speakers at least have the decency to preach unity, but this year President Trump used the occasion to crow about his acquittal and preach division. All I could think of while watching were the words of Amos 5: 22-24 (speaking for God) about similar events of his time: “I hate, I despise your feasts! I cannot stand the stench of your solemn assemblies. Even though you offer me burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them; for your peace offerings of fattened cattle, I will have no regard. Take away from Me the noise of your songs! I will not listen to the music of your harps. But let justice roll on like a river, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.…"

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I only saw it for a split second... Trump pontificating to some group of people gathered. I didn't know it was a thing. And there is a distinct mention of the separation of church and state somewhere; though I don't think it means no to prayer.

He has no shame and I'm surprised more people don't see through him.

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

A lot of people want to be just like him....

soulcompromise likes this.