National John Lennon day!

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by Lionheart2000, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Lionheart2000

Lionheart2000 GateKeeper

Hi Everyone,
    This might be old news--sorry if it is...
    Here is the info on a national John Lennon Day--a petition we can all sign..
    Hope your week is going well.
    Peace
    LionHeart
    http://60sfurther.com/MammaMoon-John.htm

To Humanity

Imagine
    John Lennon Day
    Peace And Love On Earth

"Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try, no hell below us, above us only sky, Imagine all the people, living for today. Imagine there's no countries, it isn't hard to do, nothing to kill or die for, and no religion too, Imagine all the people, living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one, I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one.

Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can, no need for greed or hunger, a brotherhood of man, Imagine all the people, sharing all the world. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one, I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will live as one."

The heartbeat of humanity is music. Let us honor our greatest singer songwriter and the most influential political artist of our time with an International holiday celebrating his message for us of Peace and Love on Earth. Starting on Sunday October 9th 2005, the 65th birthday of John Lennon and thereafter every October 9th shall be known as the John Lennon Day for Peace and Love on Earth.

I was at the Dakota on December 8th 1980 from 11:45pm till 8:45am the next morning. These 9 hours were the longest and saddest of my life. That night I promised John I would give the rest of my life to Changing the World by filling it with Peace and Love. This is why this petition is online, to gather the more than 10 million signatures that will be needed to make this dream a reality. Imagine all the people of Earth honoring John Lennon, a man who gave his life for spreading the message of Peace and Love. This holiday is for all the people of Earth to celebrate together in harmony, One Love in the spirit of Christmas time.

When there are 1, 2, 3, 5, 8 and 10 million signers of this petition it will be sent to the heads and governing bodies of every Country on Earth and the Secretary-General of the United Nations. Following each Countries own official process, we will ask them to proclaim every October 9th, John Lennon Day.

Mark Elsis
    Executive Director: http://www.Lovearth.net

I agree that there should be an International holiday every October 9th to celebrate the lifeês message of John Lennon, to be known as the John Lennon Day for Peace and Love on Earth. Every October 9th Imagine shall be played on TV, radio and websites in all 24 the worldês time zones at their local noontime. Thereês nothing you can do that canêt be done. You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us and the world will live as one.

Sincerely,

Go Here to Sign the Petition:
    John Lennon Day Petition

Also check out MammaMoons Tribute-if you want!:)
    MammaMoons Lennon Tribute