Name five ingredients always in your home pantry.

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by Olympic-Bullshitter, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter Banned

Coconut milk, shallots, ginger, lemons, and sea salt. To make coconut milk, you buy an older "flesh nut" - one of the brown ones. Grate the flesh, add any water from the nut, and add ordinary water till it is covered. Leave it for a few minutes, then squeeze the juices from the flesh into the water. Sieve, throw out the dry. The creamy liquid is coconut milk.

2. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

you keep milk in your pantry??

3. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

froot loops, cheerios, reese puffs, honey bunches of oats, and cornflakes...i love cereal

4. Olympic-Bullshitter

Extra-virgin olive oil. Next to salt an pepper, this is the staple of all staples. Sriracha. A Southeast Asian hot sauce that works well with almost everything. Vinegar.Balsamic, white, white wine, red wine,sherry, and rice wine varieties. Booze. From rum to bourbon, the pantry contains a club-worthy bar. Demi-Glace. A gelatinous super-reduction of veal stock often thought of as a chef's best-kept secret. Adds depth to any soup or sauce.

5. MoJo123

MoJo123 Member

oatmeal, garlic, black beans, dried hot peppers, wheat chex

6. The Reverend

The Reverend Member

I'm with Olympic Bullshitter... Extra virgin olive oil is a must, as is sea salt. Balsamic and cider vinegars. Tabasco sauce is good too.. Basil also, I've got a little plant in my kitchen and a small shrub in with the herbs in my garden...

I want a sandwich now...

7. Glowstick

Glowstick member

Vanilla, spices, Powdered sugar, noodles, peanut butter, honey,

8. Olympic-Bullshitter

Gives a plain pasta or vegetable dish an unexpected addictive complexity. Made from the pressed,dried, and salt-cured roe sac of grey mullet or tuna, bottarga imparts a savory flavor that, rather than fishy, is the saline essence of the ocean. It should be purchased in block form and grated directly over a dish just before serving. Pregrated bottarga sold in jars is much cheaper, but it lacks the flavor and intensity of freshly grated. www.bouletteslarder.com 2.Salt-packed capers are superior to their vinegar-packed cousins. Salt-packed capers should be soaked before they are used to leach out excess salt, and they do not keep as long as brined capers. Make sure the salt is white, not yellow, and the capers are not sitting in thier own water, which can indicate they are rancid. Buy small quantities and store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator. If you will be adding the soaked capers to hot olive oil, be sure to pat them dry to prevent them from sputtering in the oil and burning you. www.agferrari.com 3.Cheeses www.formaggiokitchen.com4.Chestnuts and Chestnut Flour www.chestnutsonline.com 5.Honey www.marshallshoney.com

9. fruit bat

fruit bat All dumplings are real.

Pasta, some kind of tomato product, kidney beans (and other kinds), tons of baking ingredients, coffee.

and snacks for the dog. :biggrin:

10. bunchacrap

bunchacrap Member

Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce, sugars (conf., brown, granulated), canola oil, cinnamon, cheddar cheese

11. opel diamond

opel diamond burn out

cereal. pasta and a sauce mix. bread. chocolate biccys!

12. pegtalay

pegtalay Member

Honey, vanilla (extract and bean), powdered sugar, salt, and shredded wheat <33
    Food coloring is also usually in there. Sometimes sidewalk chalk.

13. Anastazija

Anastazija Member

Cornflakes, pasta, olive oil, honey and soya sauce

14. Sylph ish

Sylph ish Member

cinnamon, red pepper flakes, honey, salt, extra virgin olive oil

15. culinaryoverlord

culinaryoverlord Member

Salt, pepper, durum semolina flour, oil, chili garlic paste. I have been very mobile these last few years, and these things are always with me, given a lack of any other ingredients at least I can make fried noodles.

16. braininavat2

braininavat2 Member

Hell yea, can't run out of the rooster sauce. That chili powder from an indian grocery store, coriander and cumin..garlic and rice especially.
    I pretty much live off chicken, rice and egg whites.

17. Spicey Cat

Spicey Cat DMT Witch (says husband)

LOL! 2 pantries:

FOOD:
    Rice
    Potatoes
    Spaghetti
    Flour
    Bread

DRUGS:
    Lye (NaOh)
    Acetone
    Heptane
    Naptha
    d-Limonene

18. GHOSTCRAB

GHOSTCRAB Banned

Fresh ingredients in the fridge: eggs, smoked bacon, butter, milk, whipping cream, cheese, yogurt, limes and other citrus fruits. The freezer is an ideal place to store freshly made preparations: fish, chicken, beef, ham stocks, tomato, bolognese, romesco, pesto sauces, picada, and sofrito. Herbs with a relatively long shelf life: green anise seeds, saffron, dashi powder, ras el hanout, sichimi togarashi spice mix, five-spice powder, ect. Other things: garlic, extra-virgin olive oil, toasted sesame seed oil, sherry vinegar, red and white vinegar, pickled capers, canned anchovy fillets, dried shitake mushrooms, tagliatelle, farfalle, red miso paste, black olive paste, Cointreau, kirsch, anisette liqueur, vino rancio, grated coconut and throat lozenges.

19. Crayola

Crayola =)

Can't u just buy coconut milk? i mean it's pretty easy to find (more milk and less work)...
    [​IMG]

20. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Coffee
    Ramen Noodles
    Rice
    Garlic
    Sugar