Nader anyone?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RylyC, Mar 19, 2008.

1. RylyC

RylyC Member

Or am I the only person who feels he's the best canidate? Not that he will ever win(unfortunatly), but I think if people actually paid attention to independents He would be a front runner.

2. XBloodyNailPolishX

XBloodyNailPolishX Forgetful Philosopher

after reading a little bit about him, I'm weary... something about him seems not right... but hey, if he gets in and fixes things (which i doubt) I won't complain.

3. sofread

sofread Member

No, we can't have a repeat of 2000. Does anyone really want another eight years of Bush (by way of McCain)?

4. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

McCain will win regardless of what you die hard Democrats think.

The Democratic Party is in the toilet, no way all the supporters will come together and vote Democrat.

5. Lady of the Freaks

Lady of the Freaks Senior Member

i think nader is the best candidate. i'd like to give him a chance to show what he can do. but i don't think middle america is ready for him.

6. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No one has a chance against McCain. The media hate machine will destroy anyone who attempts to challenge him. I will still go and vote for the Democratic challenger, but McCain's promises to attack Iran will guarantee that he will be elected.

7. sofread

sofread Member

McCain's problem(s):

http://www.democrats.org/a/2008/04/new_ad_on_john_1.php

Are we better off?

8. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

Heh, I actually have a hot Iranian friend, she's a fox, but I think a war with Iran is just what the world needs.

Now hear me out.

Looking at U.S. military history, the United States has never had 2 major wars at the same time on their own accord ( World War II was an allied effort ).

The money the Iraq War has drawn from the U.S economy is tremendous.

A war with Iran, which has a pretty big army with better technology than Iraq and very much the posterchild for aggresive Islam, the EAU is the peaceful money money Islan nation, so is Saudi Arabia ( even though the Saudies bought some nukes from Pakistan ).

A war with Iran woudl decimate the United States economy.

I'm loving it. ( And I hate McDonalds )

9. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

I've actually read more about Nader in the past 2 days.

Some things I didn't know before.

I find myself respecting the man more and more.

He's fighting for true democracy, and even though I myself don't support it I am active in my Party's position and understand where I live.

Nader is trying to break the 2 party system and when in 2000 he in a way made an impact, he was heavily criticized for it.

I mean it's almost as if Americans are that stupid they only want 2 choices.

I mean could you imagine going into a Tim Horton's and having only two donuts to choose from? That would suck royally, especially for me because they don't always have the Blueberry Filling or the Blueberry Fritter and I love those.

The Presidential Debates are just as big of a joke, I love how South Park spoofed it with the Turd Sandwich and Big Giant Douche.

That's exactly it, man if I were living in the U.S. I would heavily campaign for another Party, probably the Libertarians or start my own party.

10. AmandaPanda79

AmandaPanda79 Member

Nader? No thanks. He's yesterday's news, and has a snowball's chance of winning. Obama for me, thank you.

11. The Scribe

The Scribe Member

I agree with Ralph Nader on a lot of issues, but most Americans do not. The United States is a center right country. Most Americans like and admire the rich, and many of them imagine, however irrationally, that they will get rich before they die.

Moreover, most Americans doubt that the government can make a positive difference in their lives. The Democrats and the government have never been forgiven for the failures of the 1960's and 1970's. Ii is unfortunate, but true.

It makes little sense to deride the Democrats as "the lesser of two evils," when the GOP keeps getting more evil. Vote for Democrat politicians. They do the best they can considering the electorate. :(

To paraphrase H.L. Mencken: No one ever lost an election in the United States for underestimating the intelligence of the voters. :(

12. forrealz

forrealz Banned

Nader would be a good President.He would tear down the "Corporate Dictatorship" that the American government has turned into.He would be fantastic for the middle class.The democratic party should have begged him to run.He certainly is better than Obama.