myths about the family

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by lnghaird_cntryB0Y, Aug 1, 2004.

1. lnghaird_cntryB0Y

lnghaird_cntryB0Y Member

i've heard many rumors about the family, some of which im sure are not true. I've heard that the family is the only major source of good lsd - a girl i know said she dropped one free hit at a gathering and had the most mind blowing experience of her life. this rumor i figured had some truth to it. the other one i don't believe at all, because i've heard there is no initiation to the family. a few people have told me that to become one of the family, you have to "finger dip" (dip a finger tip into crystal(pure) lsd). I'm sure its false, but does anyone know where that came from? does ANYONE do taht?!! i mean, at that level you could even risk getting close to the LD50 of acid. i figure a trip THAT heavy would leave some permanant problems, or at least make it hard for them to organize the gatherings.

2. submariner

submariner Member

what the fuck

3. rainbow doobie

rainbow doobie Member

Hey brother,don't listen to any of that crap,i've been part of the rainbow family for quite some time now and all you are required to have is love,compassion for your fellow human being's and animals and the sense to want to change all the negitive thing's going around,free your mind and the soul will follow..............luvin ya...............rainbow doobie[​IMG]

4. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

dude,,, you got a belly button???? then you r family ... plain n simple,,,

initiation???? ummmmmmmm ,,, aint no such a thing ,,,,lessinof course you make it your initiation,,,, tis a personal choice not something ya gotta do to be rainbow,,,,

altho i aint never dosed n prolly never will lord almighty knows many around me ere have n musta been some good shit in order to be theway they are n i can assure you it werent from rainbow family folk that they got their shit[​IMG]

5. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

HOW YALL R?

WHAT MAKES A RAINBOW?:H
    :rolleyes:
    DAMN WELL AINT A DOSE!:p

TIS IN YER BELLY BUTTON BROTHER,,, YA JUST GOTTA DIG IT OUT!

6. loverofthewoods

loverofthewoods Member

your thinking of the wrong family...the lsd thumbprint is part of the family initiation...family being teh organization that manufactures and distributes lsd amongst teh jam band scene, not the rainbow family

average thumbprint is about 1/2-1 gram pure lsd crystal (5000-10,000 hits)...they do this once you start working your way up to see if your karma is good enough (last thing you want is bad karma when dealing with psychodelics) as well as to proove your trustworthy. (DEA agents trying to work their way up the family ranks wont make it past the thumprint)

7. loverofthewoods

loverofthewoods Member

8. Odessa

Odessa Member

nah man, i know some kids that have some mind blowin' lsd, but they're tour kids, no association w/ "drainbows"

there is no initiation, unless people just felt like fuckin' w/ someone.

9. raven23

raven23 Member

I have my own ideas about what family is, and I have done a lot of acid in my day, but it ain't at all what Rainbow is about. Right now we stand at a crossroads. We can become the tribe that many native prophecies have spoken of which will help spread the energy for a new era of peace, unity and sanity (i.e. no more asinine logging, mining, warring, money trading etc, bullshit), or we can be a bunch of drug addled party mongers looking to drown out all the noise of the world by deadening our mind with chemicals. Seems like an easy choice to me, but not to some.

10. burkie

burkie Member

Naw, that taint the real initiation, if ya wanna know what the real initiation is..shhh...come closer...First you take a chicken, swing it around your head, build the tower of nimrhod, intone the tetragammatron, then recite "owa tasily gus m eye"...

Of corse Im just funnin ya. The belly button speeches are the strait dope. For me part of the magic of the rainbow has always been that is is a collection of radically diverse factions coexisting peacefully despite their different allignments. Ya got bikers, exhibishonists, krishnas, veggies, meat eaters (where is taco mike?) fairys, alcoholics, christians, all huggin ya and welcoming you home. Raven brings up a great point however. Seems to me that in an earlier time the rainbows, as a whole, took better care of themselves and each other. Its one thing to live outa your backback but to do it with love, grace and health takes real panache. I saw it in the Dead scene when it started attracting loads of drunken frat boys and bliss ninneys and it seems to have happened to the Rainbow tribe. Too many crusty folks with bad teeth askin you for dope, cigarettes or spare change before they catch your handle. Love must be the law and we have to watch our collective ass to fend off darkness in these important times. Sorry got a little dramatic there. Im goin outside now to see if this Chinese bubble maker blows.

11. ButterCup

ButterCup Member

I myself just had a hella of a draining exp with a drainbow sis.. seems to be a lot of bad apples out there

12. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i kinda have a knack for weeding out the bad apples before i even talk to them. maybe its the look in their eyes or a vibe they give off, but i can usually tell who is phamily and who is just there for the ride...........

13. linda angus

linda angus Member

rainbow is a state of mind...it is how you see yourself and what you expect of yourself..the old family ways are about absolute trust absolute love...the willingness to put another before yourself...to share what you have and to be what you are....truly free...how can you initiate that?

14. paix

paix Senior Member

that was the best thing I've read in this forum in a while, thank you :)

15. element7

element7 Random fool

For several years I scouted water sources in the early portions of seed camp. After things got mapped out etc.. I'd leave and come back during the 'official' part dressed in popular brand name clothes etc... and just play the part of babylon for a bit. It was a small trick to see who would get all aggro on me and start reading me the right act or immediately start hitting me up for stuff. Then I'd do something weird like suggest we immediately remove our clothes and trade so that I could be a better hippy or just find a corner of their camp and squat there mumbling about what a rotten human being I am and how I'm so ashamed I'm not more like them but could I please have some water. I'm sure it was a mindfuck too when I was birthed naked out of a tree later for a show. The belly button is the straight dope. There are no prequalifications to being a loving and understanding human being. Everyone has that potential. Though I'm pursuing more knowledge in western medicine and I'm not on the road anymore, I know that some of the old road dogs are still up to these kinds of tricks. One might want to think twice before deciding to initiate someone. [​IMG]

16. cobcottage

cobcottage Member

17. Spore Radical

Spore Radical Member

Not me, i dont judge anyone on havein shifty eyes or vibes or nothin. I dont know what the guy with the shifty eye has been through...maybe downtown detroit at night, maybe backwood mississippi. And anyones vibe can change. Just because I feel that I'm trying to maintain a positive vibe doesnt mean i cant help anyone else attain the light. And bliss ninnies, they that are just there for the ride, hell I can spot them as the days go by and alot of times the biggest bliss ninnies are the ones constantly runnin the mouth about bliss ninnies.

18. submariner

submariner Member

So far the true rainbow (well they claim to be) have turned out to be non working ssi collecting types who id not trust to watch my pillow nor would I run with any of the such, but im really in hopes of finding the good ones, now ive ran into some true hippies and well I siad it all in that one word...TRUE. But as of late if rainbow is brought up it seems to be a turn off......sad sad sad....

19. paix

paix Senior Member

who's website is that? certainly not rainbow family...

20. element7

element7 Random fool

Indeed that is not the Rainbow Family's website. Funny how the title of the thread is myths about the family. Stuff like this would lead people to believe any number of things that just wouldn't be the same. ... but do I get a free beret? I want a green one. [​IMG]